Good news, bad news

I wonder if he 'struck' ;) a deal to take the spotlight off Rona Fairhead ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...BBC-Trust-chairman-over-HSBC-controversy.html
"...Rona Fairhead told to resign as BBC Trust chairman over HSBC controversy
The chairman of the BBC Trust was told: 'You are either incredibly naive or totally incompetent.'..."

Failing all that, perhaps the flame is dying a bit, age is advancing, he has been in the job a long time...
Just a bunch of lads having a laff - could morph the prog' into a new 'Last of the (youthful go-juice) Summer Wine' perhaps.

-0-

Sponsored Links
I wonder if he 'struck' ;) a deal to take the spotlight off Rona Fairhead ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...BBC-Trust-chairman-over-HSBC-controversy.html
"...Rona Fairhead told to resign as BBC Trust chairman over HSBC controversy
The chairman of the BBC Trust was told: 'You are either incredibly naive or totally incompetent.'..."

Failing all that, perhaps the flame is dying a bit, age is advancing, he has been in the job a long time...
Just a bunch of lads having a laff - could morph the prog' into a new 'Last of the (youthful go-juice) Summer Wine' perhaps.

-0-

Pushing a reasonably priced family car to the top of the dales?

Better still - Clarko for PM - at least we'd get a laff to go with motorway mayhem !

-0-

I'm not sure idiot is the right word.

He is a very successful entertainer and I like the entertainment.

Another victim of PC nonsense?

whssign.gif

Sponsored Links
I would say that I am one of the last people who could be accused of being PC.
But Clarkson is a blurt imo.

He's just gone up a bit in my estimation though.....anyone with a name like Oisin deserves a slap. :LOL:

I have never been a fan of Clarkson, and have never watched his programme: from what I can gather its main appeal is to wannabe racing drivers who have never grown up. I suppose, to qualify that, I'm a boring old fart who just wants a car in order to get from A to B, and wouldn't want to be seen dead in a BMW!

Having said that, I would not criticise him for letting slip the occasional proscribed (by the PC Brigade) word. I have become confused about which words are 'unacceptable' now and whether any are still permissible. The word 'slope', for example, meant only one thing to me before Clarkson used the word, presumably, for a different meaning. It has become far too easy to 'offend' certain people these days.

Hitting a person, on the other hand, I find completely unacceptable and the resort of yobs who do not have the verbal ability to express themselves.

. A few of them would be offended if I worked for them.

I suppose if you punched one of your colleagues while you were at work, you should expect your employers to be sufficiently offended to sack you.

I like the show, although I'm not a particular fan of the presenters. If I had to go for a pint with one of them it would probably be May. But the BBC makes my skin crawl. They are just a bunch of sops sat around waiting to be offended. Dying to be offended. They are so good at being offended they probably have a 'being offended' coordinator and I wouldn't be surprised if at some point they have one of their hideous, glittering award ceremonies for BBC people being offended in the line of duty. A few of them would be offended if I worked for them.
Don't, what ever you do, get a job in a factory.

So 400k have signed a petition to get him reinstated :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: must be the same ******* who watch Jeremy kyle and vote on the xfactor.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back