Good news, bad news

Sponsored Links
Clarkson is a very talented person and his personality does not comply with the political correctness that is considered necessary,

Political correctness has taken a lot of enjoyment out of life ( as has the nanny state and over kill health and safety ) and unless political correctness is reduced future generations will be living in a world where nothing can be said in public.

I agree with the lack of pc but was just wondering in what way he is 'very talented?'

Sponsored Links
I personally think he's a d ickh ead, but until we know all the facts (if we ever do) he has to be presumed innocent (unless thats not PC these days :rolleyes: )

With regard to the comments such as "If I punched someone at work I would be sacked" to justify the BBC action, is this really the case?

Is their position not more closely likened to an event organiser 'sacking' the star for punching a stage hand resulting in the event being cancelled and the audience having to be refunded?
Although, as has been noted, it is not their money and we won't get a refund.

Or Mercedes sacking Lewis Hamilton for punching a mechanic costing the team some success and financial reward..

With regard to the comments such as "If I punched someone at work I would be sacked" to justify the BBC action, is this really the case?

Is their position not more closely likened to an event organiser 'sacking' the star for punching a stage hand resulting in the event being cancelled and the audience having to be refunded?
Although, as has been noted, it is not their money and we won't get a refund.

Or Mercedes sacking Lewis Hamilton for punching a mechanic costing the team some success and financial reward..

Or that berk Suarez biting someone?

Or that berk Barton sticking a lighted cigar in someone's eye?

etc etc

If someone's "valuable" enough, they can get away with most things.
Ever heard the phrase "Above the law"? It exists for a reason.

I think Clarkson would be just as acerbic regards his incorrect PC delivery, irrespective of popularity or his standing amongst the TV hierarchy.

Is he talented?
In as much as anyone who has performed and entertained in front of camera or large audiences. Has anyone here tried performing on stage or on TV? It's not all that easy and Clarkson does make it look easy as do his co-presenters.

The graphics on TG are excellent. Anyone who knows a wee bit about filming know that they spend a herd of cash putting on a visually good show. I bet not many on this forum have considered how they get some of the shots? TG is an incredibly well filmed show.

All in all it is a good show. My kids like it and I enjoy watching it although some of the staged stuff is a little irritating.

Would it be the same show without Clarkson?
Possibly. I think they would have their hands full selecting a replacement though. TG is a money making dream. Clarkson is a financial asset and pulls audiences. May does too as does Hammond. Would the trio work with a new man? Would the star guests still want to attend the show?

I think Clarkson would be just as acerbic regards his incorrect PC delivery, irrespective of popularity or his standing amongst the TV hierarchy.

Is he talented?
In as much as anyone who has performed and entertained in front of camera or large audiences. Has anyone here tried performing on stage or on TV? It's not all that easy and Clarkson does make it look easy as do his co-presenters.

The graphics on TG are excellent. Anyone who knows a wee bit about filming know that they spend a herd of cash putting on a visually good show. I bet not many on this forum have considered how they get some of the shots? TG is an incredibly well filmed show.

All in all it is a good show. My kids like it and I enjoy watching it although some of the staged stuff is a little irritating.

Possibly. I think they would have their hands full selecting a replacement though. TG is a money making dream. Clarkson is a financial asset and pulls audiences. May does too as does Hammond. Would the trio work with a new man? Would the star guests still want to attend the show?

The show will go on as the saying goes... tbh I used to watch the show but found him quite annoying so I stopped watching it but if another presenter was doing it I may watch it again

Is he talented?

I agree that TG is a very well produced show. The camera work is excellent. What I find annoying is that probably 95% of is staged. All the jokes, interviews, quips, accidents, breakdowns - they are all scripted. Someone on here some time ago actually believed that the BBC had hundreds of cameras set up around the uk just waiting for Clarkson to drive past. I think if you view it as a comedy show then it is quite entertaining but a true motoring show it is not.

Could TG survive without Clarkson? Probably not because the followers would stop watching it. I have backed Clarkson up in the past after his non pc rantings but punching someone (or attempting it) is not acceptable and he should be sacked.

The only thing I find irritating is the poor continuity in the editing.

The in car camera shows houses along the road as the driver is talking. Then mid sentence there is an instant cut to a view of the car driving along a country lane and no houses in view. Then back to the in car and the houses appear again before the end of the sentence.

Failing all that, perhaps the flame is dying a bit, age is advancing, he has been in the job a long time...
Just a bunch of lads having a laff - could morph the prog' into a new 'Last of the (youthful go-juice) Summer Wine' perhaps.

-0-

Funny you should say that:
http://newsthump.com/2015/02/13/top-gear-now-indistinguishable-from-last-of-the-summer-wine/

"A BBC spokesman said: “The difference is clear. One is a gentle comedy about three childish old men desperately clinging to lost youth in a succession of japes, the other…”

“Oh…”"

More denials here:
http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2011/04/...y-any-resemblance-to-last-of-the-summer-wine/

Spoof news ahead of the curve as ever.

Sponsored Links
Back