Good news for BG customers............

Sponsored Links
What has this got to do with a plumbing forum, over 90% of these compliants will be about gas /electric bills/prices. Not repairs
Or does it suit an independant struggling for work to try and make people fear going to BG.

Food for thought if you are a BG customer.

Earlier this month, BG got fined a million quid for lying about their renewables.
Just 4 weeks later, they are fined 2.5 million for the atrocious way they deal with complaints, or maybe I should say: the way they ignore their customers.
But it will be the customers who end up paying the fines; it won't mean a reduction in the dividend paid to their shareholders.

As has been pointed out this is for energy.

Service and repair are getting much better at dealing with complaints. Better than ive known them to be before.

Sponsored Links
This fine will simply be passed onto the customers. Expect British Gas to announce price rises very soon.

Poor share holders, the price dropped 2p today. Virtually unchanged.
Yippee :!: :D

Winner. 1/2 year profits are due to be announced his week so that should bump the shareprice up. The accountants have been very busy apparently so that BG look like they are going to meet their forcast.

why do so many remain with brit gas? They are a rip off. I moved to Atlantic Energy (think its also known as Scottish and southern) and they have always been reasonably priced, PLUS every year i get 1 month free! :mrgreen:

why is that good news for their punters

They will do nothing to change their ethos re client service

And they will pass on the cost of the fine to them as well

:)

I tried BG for a while. Their customer so-called service was pretty bad, and their way of dealing with escalated complaints was just awful. Mostly just ticking off boxes to claim your complaint was closed rather than actually trying to do anything about it. I think this is what the fine was related to, not that it helps me and not that it helps any of the poor folks still with BG.

Strangely enough, I'm now with EON and my only contact with customer services so far was an astounding success. I'm still wide-eyed with amazement. Not that EON don't have their faults, but someone listened to what my problem was and fixed it. Unbelievable!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back