Good riddance tobacco!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, some senior bod's are making it their aim for Britain to be a non-smoking nation by 2032.

Hurrah i say.

Whilst the economic benefits will weigh in favour of a non smoking nation by only £1.64 billion (revenue of tobacco £12.1b v's cost to society £13.74b), eradicating the grief, pain and misery caused by smoking will be welcomed by all.

It won't be many years before my sprogs will be legally old enough to smoke, so i hope they have the good sense to say no.

http://news.sky.com/story/979382/uk-could-be-a-no-smoking-nation-by-2032

http://ash.org.uk/files/documents/ASH_121.pdf

Sponsored Links
All well and great Noseall, but where are the government going to get the shortfall of £12bn from ?? I'll tell ya, buddy. From everyone. Anyway, the statistics are false. They won't publish data as to the money saved by not paying out pensions, etc.
This argument could go on forever. Don't forget, the government shouldn't dictate to the population, they should do the bidding of the population. ;) ;)

The government won't be happy, until they rule every facet of our pathetic lives, whilst feathering their own nests at our expense.

Erm.... it wasn't the government dear boy it was the doc's spelling it out to us.

but where are the government going to get the shortfall of £12bn from ??
According to study the government will be over a billion pounds a year better off.

It still amazes me when you see teenagers with cigarettes hanging rom their lips now they know the dangers from them...the people who are in their 50/60,s who smoke did not know how bad they are and by then they are addicted.
I remember when I was at school and our teacher showed us a list of chemicals that was in them and the damages it causes to your body,then got another teacher who is a smoker to inhale smoke and then exhale it through a paper hankey and showed us the brown stain that is going on your lungs..it certainley stopped me even thinking about smoking and plenty in our class....roll on he ban I say and educate the younger generation.

Sponsored Links
The biggest cause of all cancers in this country is atmospheric pollution, so you gonna ban the plane, car, van, bus, and everything else Diesel, petrol, gas, oil.

Cigarettes accounts for 2% of just one cancer.

How much damage does blasting rockets into space do to the Ozone layer.

That alone is the biggest threat this world has ever faced.

It won't be many years before my sprogs will be legally old enough to smoke, so i hope they have the good sense to say no.
A lot of youngsters, despite denying it, tend to form their attitudes according to what they grew up with. So smoking parents are more likely to have smoking children.

They'll probably have started by age 12 if they're going to. The tobacco industry has to constantly recruit new young customers as for some unaccountable reason they keep losing the long-term older ones.

What is the biggest killer, Stress or lung cancer.

I am a non smoker but feel that smokers seem to be harshly treated. It is a personal choice weather or not to smoke. Smoking in a respectful manner (in regards to passive smoking) should not make you a target for persecution. Whats next, the government deciding that we would all be better off with no alcohol and bringing in Prohibition? Banning all extreme sports for fear of injury? No more driving, flying, train journey's due to pollution? Nothing quite like a nanny state eh!

It still amazes me when you see teenagers with cigarettes hanging rom their lips now they know the dangers from them

Never ceases to amaze me , when I see people in the pubs and clubs , pouring the poison known as alcohol down their throats. Knowing the damage it can wreak on their bodies. I've seen young un's and old un's quite literally falling out of pubs and clubs at 1:00 am in the morning. Staggering all over the place.
Quite why the government or medical profession don't want alcohol banned immediately is beyond me. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

This is the problem though. Government and the medical profession start telling us what to do and how to lead our lives, (as opposed to advising us) ,, and where does it end???
Ban fat kids from Mc Donalds and KFC ? Ban asthmatics from living in cities?
None of these so called professionals will be happy, until we're all eating the same bland government approved food. Drinking government approved tea, coffee and water. Next thing you know, we'll be wiping our ar**s with government approved bog roll. ;) ;)

The biggest cause of all cancers in this country is atmospheric pollution, so you gonna ban the plane, car, van, bus, and everything else Diesel, petrol, gas, oil.

Cigarettes accounts for 2% of just one cancer.

How much damage does blasting rockets into space do to the Ozone layer.

That alone is the biggest threat this world has ever faced.

Cant argue with your facts and I cannot do anything about them by myself but I do have a choice of wether I smoke or not

Cant argue with your facts and I cannot do anything about them by myself but I do have a choice of wether I smoke or not

That is the point, your choice, not dictated too by a bunch of control freaks. which is the road gov dot con is leading us slow but sure.

Tobacco is the most ridiculous drug ever. What is the actual benefit of it? With alcohol and other drugs at least you get high and get an enjoyment out of it. With tobacco you don't get any of that. People say it's 'relaxing' and de stresses them, but the reality is the opposite, as all your doing is satisfying your bodies addiction for nicotine that it's been craving ever since you finished your last one. When you have a few pints/spliffs/mushrooms e.t.c, your state of mind is chemically altered which alters your senses and gives you an enjoyment. You simply don't get that with nicotine, or if you feel you do it's extremely limited to the point that it's almost non-existant.

Not only that, you're paying a very high price for something that is slowly killing you and having a negative effect on your appearance. I used to smoke for about 7 years and always thought i enjoyed it. I used to convince myself that i enjoyed it and the classic "it just goes so well with a pint". It's only once i'd quit that i realised how daft that thinking is. In reality hardly anybody really enjoys smoking, despite what they convince themselves. The vast majority of smokers are simply in the thrones of an addiction. An addiction to a substance which is one of the most addictive drugs available.

It also puzzles me how some soft illegal drugs, such as Cannabis, ecstacy and magic mushrooms are illegal. Yet nicotine which is far more dangerous and addictive, is legal and available to buy at your corner shop.

So do we legalise Heroin and Crystal Meth? It's all down to personal choice isn't it? Not up to the nanny state to tell us what to do. Let's legalise pedophilia as well. :rolleyes:

It also puzzles me how some soft illegal drugs, such as Cannabis, ecstacy and magic mushrooms are illegal. Yet nicotine which is far more dangerous and addictive, is legal and available to buy at your corner shop.

I got addicted to tobacco at the ridiculously advanced age of 19 because I used to use it when rolling a big fattie at Uni (back then you couldn't get any grass, all you could get was morrocan black or red leb hashish, and it needed bulking agent). So got addicted to a stupid friggin drug like tobacco coz I was puffing on a harmless weed called cannabis.

When one lived in the US they had this thing called 'hot knives' which avoided having to mix it with baccy and had the desirable advantage of taking your head off.

Now one has grown out of smoking weed which is a great shame and gave up smoking tobacco years ago. Horrible nasty substance. Starting worst thing I ever did, giving up the best.

Sponsored Links
Back