Google adverts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone had a call about this? Apparently they can put you on the first page of google for £139 first month, £60 per month thereafter.

They phoned me the other day about it, i told them it sounded reasonable but I need time to get my site sorted first etc before i spend money on web advertising and they started on the hard sell tactics (manager came on the line etc asking what my objections were).

That immediately put me off - surely if the product was as good as they say they wouldn't need to sell like that. Anyone been offered this? the company was enigma business services.

Sponsored Links
You get 5 key phrases and when those are entered in the search box, your ad comes up in the cream coloured box at the top and sides, and your area has to be included in the key phrase.

Yes and have you noticed the paid ads are not always relevant to the search.

There's still a very short list of how many can be on the first page, it looks as though google limit it to 3-4 ads at the top anyway.

Sponsored Links
The paid ads are normally the results I immediatly skip over to find what I was really looking for.

I looked into this form of advertising a few months go,it can work out very expensive as you pay per click and these click prices can be very high depending on what you do eg plumbing,roofing.I think I was quoted something like £1.30 per click which would soon eat into your budget.Another think you need to look at is how much work you can handle,no point in having 100's of enquirys when you can only cope with 5 jobs.Better to get your web site sorted first and try and get listed on page one using generic listing ( not paid for) just relevant to someones enquiry eg plumber in Luton .ideal web site name would be www.lutonplumbing.co.uk.This is what I learnt and has helped me I hope this helps you.

Ps site name I just made up I do not know if it exists already

Personally prefer organic search, think many users are sceptical of paid for searches. Not really worth the investment. Like building, it's worth putting the time in and not cutting corners, if your site has the correct and relevant content then it should come pretty high on search anyway

Con for sure. I would always do my research first. I'm sure that if you worked on google advertisements you could get these results yourself.

Sponsored Links
Back