Government wants to increase dodgy counterfit tobacco sales

Sponsored Links
Why is the review headed by a paediatrician? Surely they don't think that babies are taking up smoking ?

Your thread title is deliberately false and misleading,
of course they don't and it is idiotic to suggest so.
(they get no tax revenue from counterfeits and have to spend money counteracting it!)

What may be closer to reality is "government is willing to take improperly considered risk on increased counterfeit tobacco products in order to reduce uptake of smoking by the young and vastly improve the future health of the nation".

Afterall, kids are daft and colourful packaging does have an effect, it helps cigarette packs become fashion accessories.

Yours,
an occassional (ex regular) smoker,
who is opposed to this government but even more opposed to daily mail style slogans.

Plain packaging will only apply to UK sold cigarettes, not on cigarettes purchased duty paid in EU, bought by smokers from EU outlets. (I think)

Sponsored Links
Plain packaging will only apply to UK sold cigarettes, not on cigarettes purchased duty paid in EU, bought by smokers from EU outlets. (I think)

Not quite sure what plain packaging means, does that mean that all brands will look the same so cheaper brands could be sold as expensive brands?

That is just a stupid idea me thinks!

I started smoking at school aged 14, and I can assure you it had nothing to do with the pretty packages.

I am still addicted now 18 years later, and I think anything that prevents kids starting in the first place is a good thing, but this will acheive nothing.

I feel sorry for smokers who can't give up, I never understood why smoking is still legal today, over 4000 chemicals in a cigarette :eek:

partsofcigarette.gif

I feel sorry for smokers who can't give up, I never understood why smoking is still legal today, over 4000 chemicals in a cigarette :eek:

partsofcigarette.gif

Probably the same reason as Alcohol is legal.

We did win two World Wars on a "cuppa splosh" and a "Woodbine Cigarette".

That is a terrific news, 4000 Chemicals, who need a laboratory? I have all the chemicals I need then! Brilliant these cigarettes! wow!4000 chemical lab all in a small cigarette, someone must be out of their head! I much rather believe that God exists than to believe there are 4000 Chemicals in Cigarette, and where the **** would they have room to stuff the tobacco then?

We did win two World Wars on a "cuppa splosh" and a "Woodbine Cigarette".

Didn't realise the opposition were tee-total non-smokers :p

Hitler condemned smoking " It was decadent" also the drinking of Alcohol :evil:

That must mean the rest of Germany didn't smoke or drink then, or the Italians, Japanese, etc etc

Rations were in place too, but the war was won, so that must means rations are brilliant, bring back rations.

What's the war got to do with anything anyway?

does that mean that all brands will look the same so cheaper brands could be sold as expensive brands?

Yup, it will make it easier for cheap knockoffs made in china or russia, containing much more dangerous chemicals, to be sold as the real thing, after all, how can you tell them apart with plain packets?

does that mean that all brands will look the same so cheaper brands could be sold as expensive brands?

Yup, it will make it easier for cheap knockoffs made in china or russia, containing much more dangerous chemicals, to be sold as the real thing, after all, how can you tell them apart with plain packets?

Good point. Why haven't the government thought of that?

Sponsored Links
Back