gps credit card terminal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
guys . does anyone have any experience of these. what kind of rental do they charge every month and how much in s month in rental, transaction fees would it cost? ive had a a bounced cheque and few people not paying up( still have their gas certs in my desk , and all women!!) just wondering if i should fork out yet more cash on these terminals. my turnover is about 5k a month and i reckon a third would pay by card so thats about 1500 pounds a month processed through terminal

Sponsored Links
We used to use them when my outfit did servicing and CP12s.

Now we do almost exclusively installation there is no need and have ceased our contract; they are best for small jobs.

It is a good tool for cash flow, make sure your merchant pays you out within a few days, some only pay you monthly.

The problem is cost, you will lose a few percent on every transaction and avoid AMEX like the plague (they charge more fees than anyone else).

The actual terms of the deal vary according to the supplier, so shop around. There was a supplier advertising the Gas Installer Mag.

If you are dealing Landlords I think you would find it very useful indeed; ask them to bring their card with them. Once you have the machine you will probably find nearly everyone will pay that way for small jobs.

don't know about rental but could find out tomorrow.i can tell you we have one and gets used alot.same problem with customers not paying on callouts when invoiced.so now if known customers, we will accept invoicing them.but with new customers.having the card machine gives no excuses to pay.and to some its been a godsend even paying on the credit card for full installs etc.usually a 5% charge on credit cards and non on debit.

The guy I work with pays £30 a month for a terminal, its an incredibly convenient way for the customers to pay and we have had some very positive feedback. We try and avoid credit card transactions as they charge about 5%. Debit cards are ok and they charge a lot less. Its also good because you can call people up that haven't paid and ask for a payment over the phone. All in all we wouldn't be without it now.

Sponsored Links
I've had mine for awhile now. Charges are £30 a monthly rental, transaction charges were upto 2.75%, joined the FSB and they were halved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back