grant vortex pro external oil boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the above boiler starts up intermittently at night when the programmer is not calling for heat. I have changed the frost stat but this happens even when the weather is not significantly cold. the two zone valves do not open so eventually the boiler shuts down on overheat condition. what should I try next?

Sponsored Links
Could be the end switches in the zone valve faulty.
If you had said danfoss then certainly a possibility. Disconnected the end switches on mine and replaced with solid state relays and no problems.

Sponsored Links
is this something that a keen day man could do and if so where do I get the parts
could you give me some details?
thanks

Frost stat will activate when air temperature is below 5degrees. Causes overheat because pump not directly wired to boiler. Needs to be altered to have a pipe stat wired in series with frost stat so it only activates when pipes below 5degrees.

would you expect the zone valves to open when the frost stat is activated and the boiler starts up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back