Grants vortex combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have hot water but no heating. I've changed the pump but still nothing. It works fine when I plug it into a plug top I've checked the check valve and it seams fine. I switch the heating on at the programmer and the ch heating light doesn't come. It's doesn't flash or anything. the boiler is 1 1/2 years old

Sponsored Links
It should be under warranty so I would give Grant UK a call.

Would help with which model it is too.

The guy fitted it himself. My friend is renting his house while he's away so I doubt he registered it. It's a 26 model

It could be a 'controls' problem more than the boiler itself. Is the wall stat and programmer sending power to the boiler to call foe heat? Is the red LED for CH Pump coming on?

Sponsored Links
Follow the fault finding chart in the M.I's. If you do not have the book, download it from Grant website.

I have and the book says if the ch light is flashing it will be the pub but it's not flashing. How would I know if it was the controls

I think your friend should get a RGI to fix it and send the bill to the landlord. He might find out the whole installation is putting him at risk

You don't need an RGI for an OIL Boiler! I don't think the controls are telling the boiler that heat is required. Get an electrician to check the wiring to work out where the fault is... either room stat or time clock I reckon.

A boiler tech who can't do controls is no use to anyone.

Why would you call an electrician, most know nothing about boilers and controls. You are just setting yourself up for two bills rather than one.

Yeah I agree. I am a plumber but haven't done that much boiler servicing but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Yeah it's like the boiler isn't receiving the signal from the programmer. They don't have a room stat so I'll just change the programmer and see what happens

Instead of renewing the programmer, try linking the switch wires on the back plate first.

Yeah I agree. I am a plumber but haven't done that much boiler servicing but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Yeah it's like the boiler isn't receiving the signal from the programmer. They don't have a room stat so I'll just change the programmer and see what happens

i think you should stick to plumbing leave the boiler to rgi , what do you mean ' i haven't done much servicing ' why are you servicing boilers being just a plumber. link at the back plate or check voltages at boiler , have you got a multimeter ? the fault finding chart is only a guide don't take it as gospel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back