Gravity Fed Low Pressure - is power shower an option

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have previously asked for help but suggested solution are no longer viable.

I have a gravity fed system and shower pressure is too low to cope with. The gap between shower head at its top and base of cold water tank is just over a meter.

Raising the tank is not an option as it will need expansion of piping as well and the platform is firmly screwed in. I don't think it will make much difference anyway as when I lower the shower head to the same level as bath taps the pressure improves by a very small margin.

Are the new power showers with built in pumps an option and can anyone give me an estimate of installing one.

Any other suggestions welcome.

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
thanks, any experience of these making remarkable improvements to pressure?

Can this be installed by any qualified plumber?

Any cheaper option?

Sponsored Links
the quartz digital is a very decent shower indeed, the other alternative is a shower pump fitted by the cylinder.

I've fitted two of the quartz digital, I know that doesn't sound a lot but as you see they are fairly expensive, but its a slimline high performance package, i must admit i was sceptical at first but when i first turned it on, I was fairly amazed.

the quartz digital is a very decent shower indeed, the other alternative is a shower pump fitted by the cylinder.

I've fitted two of the quartz digital, I know that doesn't sound a lot but as you see they are fairly expensive, but its a slimline high performance package, i must admit i was sceptical at first but when i first turned it on, I was fairly amazed.
thanks, any ideas of how much it should cost to install in West Yorkshire region. I don't know any decent plumbers, any suggestions of what I should ask them.

Interesting thread about aqualisa here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3974817

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back