Great show.........

Did many of the white caucasian women complain back in the seventies about the treatment they were receiving from chauvs? :LOL:
Of course they did.

Did any of you in your little boys club listen?

I was just a big dumb farm boy back then milking cows by hand, feeding the pigs and watching the bullets fly between the ira and the paras in bandit country. And of course helping with the smuggling operation.
You were probably playing lego. :LOL:

He would have needed imagination to play with lego so I doubt it :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Television in the 1970s revealed just how bad male chauvinism had got in the UK to the point of embarrassment. Looking back at the cringeworthy shows on TV gives a pretty accurate representation of what life was like to be a 'bird' back then.

The funny thing is people like Squarky and her ilk can not see a problem with it.
Scary.

I was a kid for most of the seventies so I didn't have a problem with it then, that's just the way tv was back then. Looking back, I can see there was a problem with sexism and racism and quite rightly that has changed to a certain extent. But as always, the rules don't include everyone.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Whatever you say lover boy.
Are you scared of girls Norcs?

Nice double-entendre, Nosey. So you aren't completely humourless after all. :LOL:

However, I'm only scared of girls with massive norks. :eek:

(Yes, I'm a 70s dinosaur. It was better then - we enjoyed ourselves, weren't frightened of saying the wrong thing, and pc was still the friendly neighbourhood bobby, before he became a ridiculous 'hate-crime' busting Robocop. ;) )

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nork&defid=784026

Sponsored Links
:LOL:
Back then if you uttered the words "chauvinist pig" I'd probably have concluded it was a "breed" with four legs.
I'll have to do a google now and see what it actually means.

[(Yes, I'm a 70s dinosaur. It was better then - we enjoyed ourselves, weren't frightened of saying the wrong thing, and pc was still the friendly neighbourhood bobby, before he became a ridiculous 'hate-crime' busting Robocop. ;) )
It's all fine and dandy to cherry-pick the more savoury parts of an era. But by thinking that it in some way negates all the the bad parts means that not only are you a dinosaur, but you simply do not get what fairness is about at all.

You are the sort of bloke who will always seek out excuses and try and highlight the good points rather than address the bad.

I bet you know how to put a women in her place doncha Whitespittle?

[(Yes, I'm a 70s dinosaur. It was better then - we enjoyed ourselves, weren't frightened of saying the wrong thing, and pc was still the friendly neighbourhood bobby, before he became a ridiculous 'hate-crime' busting Robocop. ;) )
It's all fine and dandy to cherry-pick the more savoury parts of an era. But by thinking that it in some way negates all the the bad parts means that not only are you a dinosaur, but you simply do not get what fairness is about at all.

Personally I had a great time. I can neither right any wrongs that happened then, or wish to wallow in the problems it caused to any of the unfortunate victims. If you want to wear sackcloth and ashes to parade some kind of proxy martyrdom, then be my guest. I am neither interested in your pious whining or want to join your meaningless crusade.

You are the sort of bloke who will always seek out excuses and try and highlight the good points rather than address the bad.

Fine by me. Not always true, but if you would rather dwell on the negative aspects of everything - that's your choice. Personally, life's too short.

I have to point out that the pathetic Channel 4 :rolleyes: programme that caused you to start this thread was designed to draw in the gullible to swallow the lefty propaganda that it contained. The programme makers shouted "be offended" - and simple minded people who take everything on face value answered "how offended?" You were reeled in hook, line and sinker and can't understand why other people can see what you are unable to.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
It was better then - we enjoyed ourselves,
Yeah for blokes. How very unselfish of you. :rolleyes:

Personally I had a great time.
I bet you did and I bet you are a bloke. How very altruistic of you. :rolleyes:

I am neither interested in your pious whining or want to join your meaningless crusade.
Ah, the true colours. So, by highlighting an uber-chauvinistic and lop-sided sexist era I am being pious and meaningless. Good on ya Whitespittle! I bet yer missus is proud.

I have to point out that the pathetic Channel 4 :rolleyes: programme that caused you to start this thread was designed to draw in the gullible to swallow the lefty propaganda that it contained. The programme makers shouted "be offended" - and simple minded people who take everything on face value answered "how offended?" You were reeled in hook, line and sinker and can't understand why other people can see what you are unable to.
Blah blah blah. Spoken like a true racist, sexist, bigoted, narrow minded, chauvinistic, blinkered caveman.

Go straighten your gold medallion, undo an extra shirt button and comb the hair on yer chest. Oh, and polish up yer St. Christopher rings whilst you're at it. :LOL:

Looking at the contents of his last post, Nosey is sounding remarkably like Roguehanger. Another nom-de-plume?

Looking at the contents of his last post, Nosey is sounding remarkably like Roguehanger. Another nom-de-plume?
Give me a break JBR!

If you think that I'm so narcissistic as to want to post under multiple user-names then you have me all wrong. I'm really not that interested either. As you might have gathered I don't mind making a tit of myself or take things on DIYnot (GD) all that seriously.

P.S. I loved the '70's. Happiest years of my life.

Go straighten your gold medallion, undo an extra shirt button and comb the hair on yer chest. Oh, and polish up yer St. Christopher rings whilst you're at it. :LOL:

Yep. Got some Brut to splash all over, then will be downing 8 pints of Double Diamond before burning up the highway in my 3 litre Capri. :cool:

When you get tired of the sackcloth and ashes, get yourself one of these. Then you can join the ranks of the neutured, metrosexual new men, who are in touch with their feminine sides. :LOL:

View media item 85696

Sponsored Links
Back