greenstar 28i junior stopped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

this morning heating had shut down overnight.

red light flashing 2 x rate of blue light.

reset button has no effect.

condensator trap removed + cleaned.

upon start up usual noises , but no start.

as when fault first discovered today circulating pump appears to be running but no other activity.

please advise

cold raymond :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
does the hot water work?

what's the pressure on the gauge?

how fast does the blue light flash?

Have you still got the instructions for your boiler? You need to be sure about what those lights are doing because from my understanding of what you describe you have a faulty PCB.

Blue light flashing fast and lockout light flashing slow (once per second) is an "internal error"

Is the blue flash consistent? Or is it more like a "blink on" then off?

no ignition , no fan , just circ pump running.

system pressure was very low , i have sorted that now by filling to 2 bar.

fast flashing red (twice) followed by 1 x blue.

is it normal for circ pump to run on its own contineously while no other functions make an effort to start ?

raymond

Sponsored Links
Right. So I guess your red light is flashing at a consistent once per second? Your blue light is not a consistent slow flash but a "blinks on" "normally off". This means ignition lockout and could be various things. You'll need an RGI to do any further checks i'm affraid.

i have sorted that now by filling to 2 bar.

That's gonna give you a load of new problems....1 Bar is sufficient for most systems...drop the pressure down before you blow the safety valve. I guess you shove a couple of gallons of oil in the car and hope for the best :)

Wild guess here, is your boiler an early model with the gas valve fitted very low in the casing and has it failed after very heavy rain?. If so water may have gotten into the casing and shorted the lower terminal on the gas valve. Just a wild guess that's not on the fault finding check list.

roachy,

i'm calling in the engineer who worked on it last time.

last time the fault was knackered fan.

when i get a result i will let u know.

many thanks

raymond

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back