Grohe flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having problems with my newly-fitted concealed Grohe flush. After flushing, water continues to pour into the bowl. On checking, there is a cylindrical plastic tube which, if I press it quite lightly, sits down another couple of millimetres and stops the passing water. Its an air flush, so if I weight the tube it won't lift to flush properly.

Can anyone advise why it doesn't sit down properly, if I can fix it, or if I am gonna have to dig the thing out and replace?

Thanks!

Jock

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a faulty valve - if so then get a replacement under warranty.

If you unlock the central tube (it is a bayonet fit) and lift it up check the soft sealing washer at the bottom, old ones tend to get bubbles and won't seal others get scaled up and won't seal till cleaned. Check the seat for damage bits or scale if this isn't clean the washer cannot seal

they seem to fail after about 10 years

Sponsored Links
so said, don't you check "new" things when you fit them

on Grohe cisterns there is a plastic clip which locks the slide in transit that needs to be removed

John_D said:
so said, don't you check "new" things when you fit them
I presume you're asking me, in which case the answer is no - I check things when I buy them, because otherwise I'd spend an unacceptable amount of unpaid time going back to merchants.

Or are you asking if I test my work? :rolleyes:

same action by me guessing BigJock2005 didn't get this service and helping advise

Guys - thanks for the hints. It is new, but I didn't fit it, and I'm having trouble getting hold of the fitter, so looking at sorting it myself.

If it's a bayonet fitting, I will try and get it out tomorrow and check the valve. Hopefully I'll find something wrong with it. If it's a bayonet, then I guess I just twist and then lift?

Will report tomorrow.

Jock

Sorry guys, I can't seem to get this thing out. When I lift it, it won't rotate at all in either direction. I am doing something wrong?

I can access the valves through a hole roughly 6" x 4" under the air button panel. Anyone know if the float value etc be removed through this, or am I looking at breaking the top of the surround?

It's so irritating, as the amount of effort it takes to seat the tube is minimal, I am sure something is just sticking it on its downward travel.

The grohe tanks usually have a service valve to isolate the float valve - usually a screw. There is often a flexi hose to which should be unscrewable with your hands. The dump valve should then unscrew a bit first ( anti clock wise ) and lift out - although it is still quite awkward.

You should then check the washer and the seat it sits on.

However, as good as grohe stuff is, you do get quite a few duffers. I have changed washers quite a few times even though things have been checked and rechecked and appear just fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back