Grout floor tiles before wall tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am doing floor tiles + wall tiles in the bathroom.
Floor tiles are nearly finished.
Is it wise to grout the floor tiles now? There is still a lot of dust and stuff which can fall to the floor when I fit the wall tiles.
On the other hand, I am fitting WC and basin. So I need to grout the floor tiles under these.

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I would have tiled the walls first before tiling the floor unless there was a special reason not to.However,since you have already done it,I would not grout the floor tiles until you have finished the walls.You would probably get away with grouting under the WC and Basin.Cover what you do grout with masking tape once the grout has set, and that will keep it clean meantime. but i'd leave the rest till after.Don't leave masking tape on too long,and keep it dry.

Roughcaster.

Mike,
Forgot to mention.When grouting under you wc and basin,and if your grout is a coloured one,don't grout out too far beyond them.Sometimes,you might see a slight colour difference between the two applications.Keep it tight to the shape of the wc and basin pedalstal, plus say 2 or 3 mm,no more than that.That will also save you having to mask up as well.A neat bead of silicone around them both will finish it off perfectly.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back