Grundfos Pump - has it failed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Boulter Buderus Camray boiler has shutdown and I think it may be a failed pump. It has a Grundfos UPS 25-60 pump fitted and I removed the large screw to check if the impeller was rotating. From past experience I would expect a steady, but not powerful, stream of water to run from the bottom of the screw hole but I am getting a thin, powerful, jet of water coming straight out of the middle of pump shaft - it almost looks like there's a hole or depression in the middle of the shaft - there is no keyway so I can't use a screwdriver to try to free it up.

When there is power to the boiler it sounds like the pump is running but as soon as the boiler is actually switched on it locks out.

Grateful for any advice.

Sponsored Links
You need to see if the pump is rotating.

It has a screw slot with sloping sides so that it does not cause any injury! Other makers dont seem to have that problem.

But you can still feel if its turning.

You should also be able to turn the shaft when boiler is off.

See this site FAQ about testing pumps.

Tony

Thanks for feedback. Am calling heating engineer as I can't identify the problem.

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back