Grundfos pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to replace a faulty Grundfos central heating pump being a TOTAL novice would really appreciate some advice. Pump is a 15/50 pump but is a class F showing various pumping rates 1800rpm, 1150rpm,etc. I can find 15/50 pumps on line but class H with varying pump rates and also class F's with again varying pump rates. Is this such a big deal or can I buy any class F or class H? Any help/advice would be appreciated. I would change this myself would get someone who knew what they were doing! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Is it an epic to change? would attempt myself! Current pump is vibrating noisily and tried air bleeding as suggested

Sponsored Links
Depends if the pump valves are knackered or not. If they haven't been used for a while (normally the case!) then they could either leak from the spindle or not fully close off the water to the pump. You won't know this until you try by which time it'll be too late. So unless they're shiny new pump valves I wouldn't bother if you've never done it before!

I would be questioning more "why" this has happened to the pump. Is it just age? Could be blockage in the system or the system running dry etc. Another reason to get someone who knows what they're doing in!

Totally agree and will be definitely getting someone who knows what they are on with! It definitely isn't running dry or blocked; my theory is age! The system is old and looking at the modern grundfos pumps to buy today the one currently fitted looks a good 15/20yrs old maybe even longer.
It has quietened down a little, but even I know central heating noises need investigating and being a born worrier about these things I'll be sorting whilst during the scorching UK summer months.... :LOL: :LOL:

Maybe a 15/50 but not a Grunfos!

The there is VAT and carriage to be added to the price.

Have turned the setting down to no. 2 (3 settings??) and it is working fine. Still a little noisy but it seems OK. Still thinking about getting someone to take a look at it though just to be 100% safe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back