GU10 Bulbs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I installed 5 GU-10's over the weekend. I have a slight problem though the 3 which I installed upstairs work fine and are bright. The 2 installed downstairs in the hall way work but are very dim??? By the way they are mains and not LV. Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you might have wired the ones downstairs in series. Have any other downstairs lights stopped working properly?

Sponsored Links
They are dim because they are not dropping the full mains voltage across them. This is why Ban suggests you might have wired them in series. Have you checked?

I have wired them as they were, when they were on pendants??

i agree they should be in paralell, have a look at the for refenece post (wall lights, it shows lights in paralel)

Ok, how should I test it with a multi-meter, its on a 2 way switch, and the last light just a neutural and a live???

i would say the best thing to tset it with is your eyes, you can look to see if it is wired wrong.

take one lamp out, and switch on does the other one come on? if it doesnt they are in series

Thanks for your help, always appreciated. Will try this out later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back