Gutter between conservatory and flat sided felted roof. Is this acceptable or bodge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help with this!
I am having a conservatory installed which originally included a bespoke 297mm aluminium wide box guttering between the conservatory roof and a flat sided felted roof at the side. Without consultation the bespoke box guttering has not been used rather they have created a narrower wooden box gutter (125mm) lined with lead flashing. It does look like they have miscalculated sizes. The felt from the roofing has been then draped over it and I am not sure how this will be finished but appreciate advice on how it should be done. I am concerned that the soft wood is exposed at the outside end and there is also no flashing end built in against the house wall to stop water finding its way to the house back wall along the felt and exposed wood despite a drop being built in.
I have attached photos and would appreciate comments as to the current work and how to rectify. I have so far established that there are ready made metal box gutters and ends which would fit the gap.
Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• Box Gutter Conservatory.jpg
    Box Gutter Conservatory.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 513
  • Box Gutter House End.jpg
    Box Gutter House End.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 433
  • Box Gutter View.jpg
    Box Gutter View.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 523
Sponsored Links
Difficult to say really as it's unfinished, maybe give them a chance to get it sorted first.

Why not post photos that give a context of these two roofs - & pics taken standing on the flat roof looking down at the join and the flashing you complain about?
Are both roofs on your property?

As above, its a work in progress but there are one or two troubling areas?

Sponsored Links
It's certainly unfinished, but that's not to say it is an unfinished bodge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back