gutter cleaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a two-storey house which is quite high.

Please would someone tell me the easiest way to clean the gutters.

Thanks
JamesEB

Sponsored Links
Employ a window cleaner, they often do gutters too, don't charge much and you avoid the very real chance of major injury.

Thanks.

That's a very good idea but I live out in the sticks and don't have any window cleaners for miles around here.

JamesEB

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Find an odd job man if you don't like heights.......I use a double extension ladder with a stand off and get used to it pretty quickly but it's only possible to scoop out maybe 4' at a time.
John :)

Thanks.

There are no odd job men, window cleaners or tradespeople here and they don't want to come out here either.

I have not been able to get anyone to come out since the fellow who did it for years gave up.

JamesEB

Does anyone know anything about the gadgets on long poles for clearing gutters please?

I would get one of these if there is a good one that works.

JamesEB

Unfortunately I've found that tools such as you describe are nothing more than gimmicks......you can't see where the solids are going to and the stuff isn't lifted out of the gutters anyway. Similarly, these leaf guard products are useless.......the leaves just sit on the top and the water is channelled either behind or over the gutter.
There's no substitute for getting up there with your hands, I'm afraid.

Last edited:
I am a small 75 years old disabled widow so not much chance of that.

Thanks for help
JamesEB

Apologies if I appeared to sound somewhat flippant......absolutely not intended!
Are you just curious about the state of your gutters, or are they actually overflowing? If you aren't surrounded by trees, they may be cleaner than you think.
I live in the sticks too.....if I need any tradesmen (unusual) then the costs escalate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back