Gutter for this corner?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this corner on my roof. Rains runs down the corner and all along the house which not only makes a mess of the siding but also wants to seep behind the siding. It is from the garage roof which has quite a bit of surface area. As the roofline is at an angle and then meets the siding, I couldn't find a good way to even place a piece of gutter and a downspout. Any ideas? [img
[/img][/youtube]

Sponsored Links
That abutment junction and subsequent valley gutter should have a run-off ledge fabricated so that the rainwater can drip clear of the wall and into a rainwater hopper.

Those buildings just look butted together without any thought of a valley gutter.

I'm with noseall on this.

There's no sign of any kind of guttering. You would have to remove some siding and some roofing material at the junction to install a gutter - flashed in and to falls. Pics of that abutment junction might help.

Perhaps locate a downpipe leader at the other end of a new gutter if its practical. The "dryer"(?) vent outlet is now in a non code position and might give difficulties.

Sponsored Links
Does the valley gutter (such as it is) drain the other way?
Doesn't look like much water comes off this end.

As per the others, you need a proper gutter board laid to fall to a hopper and rwp, with flashing taken up under the garage roof finish and the siding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back