H-2 error code with Ideal Isar HE24 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

We've got a Ideal Isar HE24 boiler (not through choice I must add - came with flat!)

We currently have a H-2 error code so nothing's working.

Had the gas man out (luckily we have cover) to fix it.

He tested it as per manual and replaced the PCB today but that hasn't worked.

Now he's ordered a new thermistor which will hopefully be fitted next week.

But to be honest, I don't think that will work - such is my low confidence on this cr*ppy boiler.

Anyone else had a similar issue?

Sponsored Links
had a lot of these.it is the return thermistor bad readings or oc or short.2 min to change and cheap.should read in region of 9700 to 10300 ohms when at 25 c.waste of time changing pcb he needs a meter

had a lot of these.it is the return thermistor bad readings or oc or short.2 min to change and cheap.should read in region of 9700 to 10300 ohms when at 25 c.waste of time changing pcb he needs a meter

he changed the p.c.b. cus he had s.f.b.

Sponsored Links
I saw a confidential internal memo at Ideal, giving instructions to their engineer team for the most cost-effective actions for many of the error codes. I managed to take a snap on my phone.
It's probably a breach of confidence or something but what the heck, it's
HERE

H2, is as said above, control thermistor (return).

Check resistances.

Last time I had a H2 error dave it turned out to be a blocking signal on the fan

new fan job done, but hey ho

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back