Had a GRP garage roof job done, pooling. Is this normal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a roof replaced on our garages, and to be fair to the fitter, there was never really a sufficient run on the original roof. He had increased the run when he did the work. However last night we had our first substantial rainfall, and whilst everything is dry inside (which is a vast improvement on before), there is some pooling on the roof.

He did say this is to be expected on a roof of this size, is he correct? Should we be concerned?

Thanks.

Pic

14361552201_39ea850c36_o.jpg

Sponsored Links
Were the boards done at the same time as the old ones can sag hence the pooling. Had my garage done 14 years and rain pools just in one corner but with no problems. The house across the road has pooling like yours every time it rains with no problems or leaks so if it was me I wouldn't be concerned.

Pooling is caused because of lack of fall, even if the joists are sagging a bit the fall should be enough to cope with that issue. Your roofer simple did not add enough fall, this could have been done with firings on top of the existing joists. The size of the roof is irrelevant. Anyway, provided the GRP has been installed correctly it won't be a problem, apart from aesthetic and winding you up every time you see it pooling for ever more! :p

Sponsored Links
Just to add to Freddy's post what does wind me up (only a little) is the fact that when the pool eventually evaporates it leaves over time a sediment of dirt etc which I scrub off once a yearish for the sake of appearances.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back