Halal slaughter: Outcry after undercover film exposes brutal

Sponsored Links
Plenty of non halal instances of animal cruelty, unless you think it is the muslims keeping the RSPCA busy?

This is why people should be carefull buying meat that has been 'properly' raised and killed, halal or not.

But then people would have to stop buying those bargain meat options.

Na, much easier to bush muslims.

Handyjack, you were right to post the link, although your motives are questionable. Perhaps we'll decide on that later. Maybe you'll be highlighting other cases of animal cruelty soon.

Your link shows that the animals were treated gratuitously cruelly and that the animals were not slaughtered in accordance with UK or Islamic law.
Quite right that they should be suspended. Perhaps they might face some sharia punishment also.

On the other hand, maybe it was their yorkshireness that influenced their attitude?
The article seemed to suggest that it was their muslim faith that influenced their behaviour, notice the title of the article. Yet it is obvious, and mentioned later in the article, that Islam law does not allow that sort of behaviour.

Sponsored Links
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/outcry-after-undercover-film-exposes-brutality-of-halal-industry-10019467.html

Your link says "The film emerged days after a petition demanding that slaughter without pre-stunning be outlawed passed the 100,000 mark."

If this ever came into force, it would mean of course that, unlike properly-performed standard British and Halal slaughter, where the animal is normally stunned, Jewish slaughter would be outlawed because the Kosher animals are never stunned before being killed

Perhaps they might face some sharia punishment also.

Hmmmm unless I woke up in the UK this morning, these people should face British justice, not this totally alien sharia nonsense (unless your advocating a change in UK law, to allow or promote sharia law ?????? )

Edit, silly me, I forgot where your allegiance lies. ;) ;)

It does make me smile when The Great British Public shudder at the barbarism of Halal and Kosher slaughter methods whilst smugly eating their beef and yorkshire and their lamb chops and their roast pork and apple sauce thinking that all of these animals have been quietly put to sleep by caring animal lovers whilst having their fur stroked.

Naive does not even come close. Nor does gullible. :rolleyes:

Perhaps they might face some sharia punishment also.

Hmmmm unless I woke up in the UK this morning, these people should face British justice, not this totally alien sharia nonsense (unless your advocating a change in UK law, to allow or promote sharia law ?????? )

Edit, silly me, I forgot where your allegiance lies. ;) ;)
They have faced british justice, they've been suspended form slaughter duties.

No need for a change in the law. Some areas of sharia law are in accordance with UK law.

Also, how can you forget that which you never knew? Silly you. ;) ;)

Enough people must give a toss, otherwise the newspaper wouldn't have bothered printing the story (nor other media outlets also reporting it).

It does make me smile when The Great British Public shudder at the barbarism of Halal and Kosher slaughter methods whilst smugly eating their beef and yorkshire and their lamb chops and their roast pork and apple sauce thinking that all of these animals have been quietly put to sleep by caring animal lovers whilst having their fur stoked.

Naive does not even come close. Nor does gullible. :rolleyes:

I am sure that the slaughter of apple sauce and Yorkshire puds is painless. :rolleyes:

Enough people must give a toss,

No, not about animal suffering. But there are more than enough looking for an excuse to attack the religious group they hate.

Entertainingly, some, such as Norcon, criticise Muslim ritual slaughter of stunned animals, but have no criticism whatsoever of Jewish ritual slaughter of unstunned animals.

Enough people must give a toss, otherwise the newspaper wouldn't have bothered printing the story (nor other media outlets also reporting it).
I guess you don't do irony, Brigadier.
Noseall was suggesting that the majority of newspaper readers are naive and gullible, I assumed.
As long as they don't think about where their meat came from, they don't give a toss.

I guess you don't do irony, Brigadier.
Noseall was suggesting that the majority of newspaper readers are naive and gullible, I assumed.
As long as they don't think about where their meat came from, they don't give a toss.

That's what happens when you assume, RH - I was commenting on the story, not on Noseall's post. Which you wrongly assumed to be the case.

Sponsored Links
Back