Halstead Ace High boiler hunting on HWS temperature.......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

New to the forum and I have a problem where the HWS temperature cycles on about a one minute cycle. I have called a couple of professional guys and got conflicting answers.
It suddenly started happening and the flow rate in the shower doesn't seem to change as the temperature changes.

Is it the heat-exchanger, or the thermister, or the changeover valve?

All ideas gratefull received.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Hi All

New to the forum and I have a problem where the HWS temperature cycles on about a one minute cycle. I have called a couple of professional guys and got conflicting answers.

Mark

Well, if you had called me and it was clear that you did not want a visit and only wanted a free telephone fault diagnosis then all I would have told you is that I would be likely to need to charge £136 to repair it.

Hi new to forum the problem i have is new thermostat in immersion heater fitted 1 month ago now every few days water goes cold after the plumber had been back 3 times he told me i needed to reset it when it happened in the future !! what could be the causes of this :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hi All

Mark

Well, if you had called me and it was clear that you did not want a visit and only wanted a free telephone fault diagnosis then all I would have told you is that I would be likely to need to charge £136 to repair it.

Don't be so cynical! I'd like to understand what is wrong as I'm an engineer working in the building services industry!! That cost is acceptable and I'd like you to visit, if you're local, just to confirm and get our system up and running. I'll call you tomorrow.

I am in London and any part of Surrey would normally be too far away to justify a visit for a normal job.

Plenty of others near you though but ensure you check their prices as they may not be the same as mine.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back