Halstead Ace High Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Halstead Ace High Combi Boiler has recently started to lose all pressure whenever I use the heating and turn it off. Its around 10 years old.

My plumber thought that this could be the relief valve so last night he replaced it and then bled the radiators.

However, the heating no longer turns on. The hot water is working fine, no issues with that. But now the heating just doesn't turn on. The thermostat is set correctly. Nothing else was touched or replaced.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dane

Sponsored Links
Pressure sounds reasonable. Just checking there are no warning lights, It's switched to "heating and Water" and the heating temperature knob is not turned down too far.

Have you also tried turning the power to the boiler off for a few seconds?

Sponsored Links
No warning lights no and it is set on heating and water. To try and get it working the thermostat is turned to 30 degrees.

Turned the power off a number of times for a few seconds and also tried the reset option on the knob. Still no luck.

Have you tried turning the heating temperature knob on the boiler, just in case it has been accidentally turned down.

Would that be on the inside? The image below is the panel I have.

6f44609a.jpg

Yes the one labelled 'Heating C' with min and max markers.

If thats turned up OK I'm wondering whether the plumber has disturbed the wiring that comes from your room thermostat and goes into the boiler control panel. It's in roughly the same area as the PRV.

Has the heating worked at all since the valve was replaced?

I couldn't tell you if I'm honest until I recheck inside the boiler tonight.

He re checked the wiring and nothing appeared to have been disturbed but that can't be fully ruled out I don't think.

When he replaced the valve, the heating turned on for around a minute, then he turned the hot water on and the heating turned off and never came back on.

There is no heating temperature knob inside the boiler and I have re checked the wiring last night and nothing appears to be out of the ordinary with it.

It should be on the front panel. I know that image isn't your actual boiler but does it not have the same controls?

OK I was meaning to check the front panel heating temperature control, and just to cover everything double check the timer too. Although they both looked fine when the picture was taken :D

There is quite a delay on this model before the CH comes on.

Are you sure that you are being patient and waiting long enough?

You also need to check the CH valves under the boiler are both turned on!!!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back