Halstead ace ( WICKES 102) combi boiler power light flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i was wondering if anyone can help. I have a halstead ace combi boiler and whenever i turn the central heating on it runs for few seconds and the power light flashes. Once resetted i then tried the dhw and that fires up perfectly and works. Its only when central heating is in demand the boiler stops running and power light flashes. Could it be the ch thermistor.

I did change the bigger diaphragm last year i believe its called flow switch diaphragm its the bigger one out of the two.

What can i check?

Sponsored Links
Here is the manual for it. Thanks

Attachments

• Halstead-Ace-AceHigh-Installation-Manual-41-333-77-78.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 625
Can anyone help please?

Boiler runs a bit longer on ch when system is cold but when it warmer it cuts out and it cuts out straight away after resetting it and trying again? Just get a flashing power light. As said before dhw is fine and that doesn't cut the boiler out. Anyone?

Sponsored Links
You could have helped yourself here by reading the manual you posted. If you follow the fault finding guide on Page 26 it tells you that a flashing power light is either low water pressure or a duff flow switch.

Hi thanks for the reply.
I once replaced the one diaphragm in the flow switch body 7 months ago which i believe pushes the diaphragm and spindle to the left to make contact with micro switch. The diaphragm had a hole in it and was replaced and all was well again and dhw was working again.

There is another smaller diaphragm at the top of the diverter valve which i didn't change i believe thats the primary flow switch which the spindle pushes the micro switch to ch. I'm assuming that diaphragm is ok as when i turn the ch on the spindle pushes the ch micro switch and boiler tries to fire but then turns off after a few seconds flashing power light on the control panel? Which is indicating replace flow switch.

Ive read the fault finding bit but its useless as when i turn hot tap on the boiler runs fine which also tells me pump is working too otherwise both ch and dhw wouldn't work if the pump was faulty.

Im not gas safe registered its my own boiler and im not touching gas or gas valves or burners etc.. if it did involved gas i would get someone in no question about it. Im just looking at the water/plumbing side of things?

So what you reckon?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back