halstead combi boiler - ace/ace high

zaf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My sister in law, a single mum is having problem with her halstead combi boiler ace/ace high, the heating won't switch of with the timer or timer override won't switch of the heating also. The boiler has to be totally powered off to switch heating off. she has 3 mounths warranty left but not been serviced. Will haing it serviced help ? please help Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Is that 3 months warranty on the first 12 months or three months of the 2 years warranty I think Halstead offer ? if it's 3 months of the 2 years then I believe Halstead only give the 2nd years warranty if the boiler has been serviced by a Corgi registered engineer....not sure if they check this when you call them out but worth being aware of....check the small print.

If its 3 mths before the end of a two year warranty then it usually is required to have been professionally serviced before the end of the FIRST year.

However, I suspect its water leaking theough a gland into the DHW flow switch and thats not covered by the warranty because its caused because the system was not power flushed when it was fitted. You should call back the installer and let him sort it out.

Check his CORGI registration and photocard and if he is not registered then get him to pay for a registered person to sort it out otherwise you should take him to the County Court to claim the costs incurred due to his illegal and inadequate installation work ( thats assuming my long distance diagnosis is correct )

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks to everyone who has responded. The engineer who installed the boiler is having a look at it as I type. At least I have an idea what the problem is and he is CORGi registered. Thanks Again for your help it's appreciated. I will let you know what the problem was?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back