Hard Water (Electronic Fix)

Sponsored Links
I'm in a very hard water area and fitted one of these several years ago and have seen a significant improvement. for example, the shower head hardly scales up anymore and the kettle which was heavily scaled, de-scaled itself (with no intervention from me) within about 6 to 9 months of me fitting it.

you pays your money you takes your chances.

there are used in the pond world to stop algae build up etc, there is no scientific proof that they work, some people like them and say they work (as posted) and some say they are a waste of time

there is no argument about how they work, its no one understands why they work and some times they dont, but as they use magnetism (some use hf radio) but water is not magnetic, although they claim to "reorganise the ions"

Breezer, i don't propose 'to like them' as you say, just posting my experience of what has happened since I fitted mine (as posted).
its no one understands why they work and some times they dont, but as they use magnetism (some use hf radio) but water is not magnetic,
Water is not magnetic ! which planet are you on, magnetism has an effect on almost every substance on earth; and don't tell me you haven't seen a water based electrical motor yet because it will only add to your evident lack of knowledge on the subject !!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Bathjobby, there's no need for your "masterbuilder" type tone. You put your point and let others put theirs.

I was told by one manufacturer of electro-magnetic devices, that they work on iron pipes (as I queried how, since the iron would effectively short circuit the field.) He stated they did not work on lead pipes as lead forms a magnetic shield. With information like that anything else he said was suspect.

Magnets are also supposed to affect the ions in water. They are now being sold as a way of reducing fuel consumption in vehicles and heating plants. The EPA (I think) have tested every gadget that purports to save fuel, and the general conclusion is they don't work.

I have been unable to find any independant information which describes how or why they work, if you can find any such information I will be interested.

All the information supporting the manufacturer's claims are usually anecdotal, and so are unacceptable as scientific evidence.

If yours works, great. Now take it off and see if the problem returns, or better still set up parallel operations to see that one works and at the same time the other doesn't. Then swap them over and see the effect moves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back