Has anyone got a bad word to say about Vaillant?

because that is my professional opinion.

one boiler?

out of all the brands and all the different installers? no chance.
thats like saying which car is best? too many variables.

He reckoned Vaillant and Worcester were like BMW and Mercedes.

yep run of the mill bmw's and merc's are well recommended by which magazine too. people who have more money than some but not enough to be proper petrol heads. audi drivers are in the same league too.

proper petrol heads build their own wheels.

half the people who recommend this or that boiler have BG service their beloved boiler, a bit like taking a car to Kwik fit.

Sponsored Links
eveares";p="3201941 said:
And lets see if we can pick a brand of boiler who everyone agrees is good?

You will never get a consensus. However, if your research is confined to trawling the web rather than hands on experience........

Need I go on?

Which magazine?

Don't make me laugh.

Vaillant boiler are technically superior to WB. However, they are far from the best engineered boilers, and as a company - currently - they leave a lot to be desired.

But then you know ALL of this because you read on the Tinterweb ;).

Forum favourites here range from Vaillant, WB, Viessmann, Intergas, Atag, Ideal. Most of the professionals have their reasons; and none will be universal for reasons you are too ill informed to appreciate.

I will concede that Vaillant are not bad boilers, although you have chosen the worst of their current crop :LOL:

But then you know ALL of this because you read on the Tinterweb . ;)

I am a consumer, Not a plumber! :evil:

Forum favourites here range from Vaillant, WB, Viessmann, Intergas, Atag, Ideal. Most of the professionals have their reasons; and none will be universal for reasons you are too ill informed to appreciate.

Excuse me, but i would imagine a lot comes down to personal experience and preference with what a plumber likes, prefers and has dealt with over the years. Trying to find a best make or model is like asking how long is a piece of string.

I will concede that Vaillant are not bad boilers, although you have chosen the worst of their current crop :LOL:

Never gone wrong for me, I rather like it :p

You're not a consumer. You are a self confessed knowitall.

Apologies if that sounds rude. But read your own posts.

Yes a lot does come down to experience. Some have more than others. You have no more than most of those who have very little.

My company recommendations list is not governed by Web trawling, hearsay and marketing. It is by first hand experience of the product before letting customers fork out money.

Several brands, and several models within a range (not to the exclusion of the range) have had sales reps leaving with broken demo models and shattered prospects due to me thinking their shiny box and fancy brochure would be enough.

Sponsored Links
Be interested to know why you don't trust Which magazine?

As far as I can make out they survey thousands of people about their experience of whatever boiler they have, and draw a judgment based on that?

Isn't that as good as an objective on the view on the thing as you are going to get?

I have a highly customised Coopra Compact N15.

It should be a C varient, but in practice it is a B..... But it is also no longer a 15..

Which magazine is very narcissistic. Read the pages on how they form an opinion. Then speak to people in the know from boiler manufacturers as to what is involved in even being "assessed" :LOL: by their users, and you might begin to get an inkling into how pointless their reviews are.

You're not a consumer. You are a self confessed knowitall.

I have never said that I know everything and I dont! :!: , however certain things such as plumbing and in particular electrics have always interested me.

Now I am sure I know more than the average joe on the street, but in no way would I call my self experienced or a professional. I repeat again, I do not know it all. :!:

Also I never wrote;

Which magazine?

Don't make me laugh.

Again. Read your posts. :rolleyes:
:evil: :!:

Do you dislike me because I save money by buying stuff my self and putting people like you out of pocket?

Also is it bad that I know a lot of stuff, just want to give honest help.

And technically I can't know it all as I am still learning new stuff all the time.

oh.. and please define a knowitall

I don't dislike you at all.

Your posts are your opinion as are my posts my own.

If my rebuttals are more robust than you were expecting, perhaps it is time you learned that your opinion might not be worth as much on some subjects as you might like.

Remember, all I said was that your opinion on the quality of Vaillant and German engineering was twaddle. Which it palpably is.

I am off to bed now for the night, however my opinion on the quality of Vaillant and German engineering is....wait for it.....My opinion!

Also, your clearly don't value my posts or my opinions.

To answer the actual question, apparently some people have but not everyone.

Apparently Which used to send the boilers to Germany to be tested at a cost of £20,000 but only one or two manufacturers could afford this or the £10,000 a year it costs to use the 'Best Buy Which' logo for a year.

Baxi's did it for one year but left it to the big two after that. I leave it to you to figure out the impartiality quotient.

I work for a manufacturer not generally highly regarded so am out of the equation here but go with the guy who seems to be the most knowledgeable and honest, answers only the questions you ask and if he disagrees with you gives a cogent reason why.

Installing certain makes means bonus points for the installers due to loyalty schemes often (and points mean prizes come the end of the year) which can cloud judgment. Counter staff at merchants can receive a cash back if promoting one boiler or another depending who is marketing more aggressively at the time

Don't think Atag or Intergas offer these schemes so that takes away some of the installers incentive and also because they are not cheaper than Vaillant or Worcester, puts them at a disadvantage when quoting for the work as the customer often goes for a known brand.

Your choice of installer is far more important than the price you will pay or the machine you install. If you paid £300 more than the cheapest quote that would still be better value than if the lower priced install broke down three times in 10 years. No, that does not mean BG or the highest price is best.

Freedom of choice is what you've got; freedom from choice is what you want. Shrivel up Devo!!

Be interested to know why you don't trust Which magazine?

As far as I can make out they survey thousands of people about their experience of whatever boiler they have, and draw a judgment based on that?

Isn't that as good as an objective on the view on the thing as you are going to get?

I gather that Which survey their own members for their views on boilers.

BUT their members are hardly the average homeowner. They are Class A/B and have enouigh money to spare to subscribe to Which.

Being well off A/Bs they get them fitted by respectable installers who do the job properly and they get their boilers serviced properly every year!

A properly installed budget boiler, serviced every year would probably give very similar reliability to the vaillant and worcester models.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back