Has anyone tried a bathroom vent called DryventB?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My tiny bathroom has a terrible condensation and mould problem. It has a an electric vent with a delay setting and a new air brick but is still bad. There is no window unfortunately. I have been reading about a vent called Dryvent B which detects humidity and continue working wenever the level is too high which sounds ideal. It is £267 which would be fine if it works but I don't want to spend the money if it doesn't.

Has anyone tried it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
when you say "electric vent" you mean extractor fan? When does it come on? If you know a smoker, ask them to hold their disgusting fag under it so you can see if it sucks.

Does it go straight through the wall, or is there a duct? Can you see the duct? Can you see evidence of steam blowing out of it when you stand outside on a cold day?

If there is something wrong with your extractor, or it is not powerful enough, you can easily get a better one.

Can you identify one similar to yours on here?
http://www.screwfix.com/c/ventilati...&_dynSessConf=992058140990321055&sortBy=price

Don't forget the timer should be set to maximum, so when the light is turned off the fan stays on for 20 minutes. Also make sure you turn the light on and off to turn the fan on when you have a shower in the day time.

You can test the fan with a piece of toilet paper and see if it is held on the face of the fan when turned on.

Andy

Yes it is an extractor fan. It is working as it was only installed last year but it is just not powerful enough for the room. I liked the idea of a humidity tester in a fan but not sure how effective they are as no one else mentions them.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have twin ducting in ceiling of my shower room [no window] ceiling sensor turns on the fan and lights whenever anyone enters the room and has timer run on, the fan is a 6inch model in the loft with twin ducting to the two ceiling ducts .No mold or even condensation on wall to floor mirror, when showering.
You will probably need a more powerful fan, also you need vents into the room to allow easy extraction.

If you google - humidity controlled bathroom fan - you`ll see a variety of prices ;) . It does seem like your one`s not powerful enough.
Not sure about the " new air brick" :confused: it`s generally OK for air to enter under the bathroom door to replace that pulled out by an extractor fan . if the air brick is near to the fan you might be getting a short circuit of air flow and cold air coming in too

when you say "electric vent" you mean extractor fan? When does it come on? If you know a smoker, ask them to hold their disgusting fag under it so you can see if it sucks.
Or light a joss stick :idea: . Of course you could get me round and I`ll fire up a ( Churchwarden) pipeful of 3 nuns - Lovely - and enough to give John D apoplexy :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back