Has anyone used Polycell Liquid Sanding?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fairly new to DIY and I have a big job to tackle in the hall and staircase. I need to sand down all the gloss paint and repaint all the doors, skirtings and bannister.
I see polycell has a Liquid Sanding product and I think this may save a lot of hard work. Has anyone out there used this and is it any good? I would be grateful for any tips and advice. Also if anyone can give me a rough estimate of how may door sides a bottle would do.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I havn't used it and wouldn't. I'm guessing all this stuff does is provide a key its not going to flatten high spots runs and drips and de-nib.

Best to abrade with paper.

I have tried this liquid sanding product but very much found it a waste of time. It comes out the can very similar to T-Cut, a product used to take out fine scratches on car body work. It is applied with a cloth then washed off afterwards. It was a little messy and did not sand off very much of an area at a time, you will need buckets of the stuff if you are planning any major tasks. The odd flat door panel may about as much as you will want to do. Try CIF houshold cleaner and it will probably work just as well.

As dcdec says, stick with paper and in various grades to suit the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back