Has France got this right ?

I'm sure you're right, but if that's true why do they all want to come here, what with our hospital waiting times and all? As I understand it, the French health service is better than ours.

there seems to a lot off confusion here in peoples minds
illegal imigrants
overstayers
economic migrants
asylem seakers
and eu citizens
are all treated different
only eu citizens have an automatic claim to any services and benefits
asylem seakers in the system may be given accomodation whilst the system grinds slowly on with an allowance around £35 ish a week for food ect

illegal imigrants
overstayers
economic migrants
will get nothing from the system unless there are children or vunerable adults included but only whilst there deportation is sorted

they will often be held in substandard housing like old army bases or old unused prisons on a more informal more open basis
with a small allowance for food and other needs

fit and healty adults get very little or no help

OK. Are you telling me that any or all of the people on your list would be turned away from a hospital casualty department if they attended?

If they cannot get on the books of a GP practice, would they not attend a casualty department? What would happen to them if they did and they were ill?

Sponsored Links
Friends of mine emigrated to France last year and unfortunately one of them was recently diagnosed with bowel cancer. The French health service are paying for her treatment at (I'm told) 1900 euro's per month (might have been 19,000 but I probably misheard) - in addition to her pre-existing liver trouble she had before she emigrated.

It does go both ways.

Not exactly. Your friend is entitled to live in France and use French healthcare, and a Frenchman can do the same here. They are both Europeans who have paid their way in taxes whilst living in the EU. It's a reciprocal arrangement, so in theory, countries exchange their citizens on a level playing field.

Some crooked Somali who destroys his documents, and arrives in The UK on the axle of an artic is acting illegally and has put fook all in, but wants to benefit from everything provided by taxpayers.

Hardly the same thing.

I had heard that the situation is that British expats who live in France are entitled to the same healthcare arrangements as the indigenous French. However, I understand that the French are obliged to pay a proportion of their healthcare costs, and thus the same applies to expats or immigrants.

Immigrants into Britain, of course, need pay nothing and, if they have never contributed to our National Insurance system, that means literally nothing at all.

Think of all those people moving enmasse in to turkey to escape the fundamentalists.................. People running for their lives.

Europe especially Britain is seen as a safe haven and compared with many many places in the world it is.

The problem is only going to get worse as political instability increases throughout the world.

No doubt the Illegals in the Grand Burstin in Folkeston are texting all they know to let them know they've hit the jackpot, do the french put them up in hotels ? now let me think...............

Sponsored Links
Europe especially Britain is seen as a safe haven and compared with many many places in the world it is.

I think all western European countries may be regarded as safe havens, although most are not regarded as such an easy touch as Great Britain

Back