Hate campaign and incompetent police

Well there wouldn't be much point in my daughter and her mother telling me that the cctv showed that there were no punches thrown, and that the solicitor agreed with them, if it subsequently showed differently.
BTW, I'm basing my comments on the fact that I know my daughter and she told me that no punches were thrown. Given the fact that she is not a liar it is then impossible for cctv to show something happening that did not happen.

JUST SAYING.:mad::rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
JUST SAYING.:mad::rolleyes:
Don't waste your breath, he'll only go off and google something irrelevant to try and 'educate' himself and find a way to prove he knows better.

Would you keep us updated please? Look forward to hearing about when it gets thrown out. The other thing, as your daughter is victim of a hate campaign, is it worth trying to get a restraining order when this is all over? Try and stop this nonsense once and for all.

With family being involved the situation is incredibly complicated going back for years, I don't think a restraining order would work.
But I am quite determined that the people responsible for what's been done to my daughter will pay a very heavy price, she just wants to forget all about them and live her life.
But she's a far better person than I am.
I will certainly keep this thread updated on news as to when this is dismissed, though that will take a while by the looks of things now.
I will also update as and when my plans come to fruition or not, that may take longer still and they're nothing illegal, but if it happens I'm sure that the people involved will feel that they would far rather have been physically battered.

No smoke without fire is a load of crap as far as policing etc goes.like every other proffession..good and bad.without a doubt,innocent people are stitched up etc. And villains walk free.every day.no better example than the current liverpool fans fight for justice.all those persistant people.27 years. .to get at the truth.what hope for any individual.its a wonderful idea to suggest cops and cps are independant.if you believe that you must believe in santa and pixies in your garden.

Sponsored Links
Don't waste your breath, he'll only go off and google something irrelevant to try and 'educate' himself and find a way to prove he knows better.
Now I understand. You think I dropped the microphone.
Maybe I did!;)

1 Your daughter through her solicitor will be entitled to a copy of the video as part of the process of disclosure as part of the precourt procedure
2 If your solicitor is provided as part of the legal aid systems, i.e the duty solicitor next on the list picked out by the local allocating board, then do yourself a favour and go and find a proper solicitor, criminal not conveyancing, to deal with the matter. The person who was present may well have been a 'runner' that is someone under training. You are right the system is geared up to pay by time spent on a case not results so it would pay to let the matter go to court from the view of the solicitors firm.
3 You can always make a formal complaint to the police, duty inspector deals, and see if sense will be brought to bear, ask the inspector to view the tape.
4 Hope that sense prevails amongst cps and it is discontinued before it gets to court. Long shot
5 if you do get to court insist on the tape being played before the magistrates or magistrate if its a stipend. They are not usually, contrary to popular believe, fools
6 Appeal if it goes against you

3 You can always make a formal complaint to the police, duty inspector deals, and see if sense will be brought to bear, ask the inspector to view the tape.

That sounds like a plan, as I said I don't want to alienate the police in this as they've been largely sympathetic so far, with the exception of this incident.
But a chat to someone higher up shouldn't be too unreasonable.

Well I've been in touch with various police officers on and off for the last month, trying to get one of them to view the CCTV footage they have of the incident.
I would have thought that that wouldn't be too much ask, after all they're the ones who are putting my daughter through the stress of an upcoming court appearance. But I've just been informed that there's nothing they can do and that she will have to go through the process.
Going through the process is what's causing the problems, she's hardly eating, losing her hair and she can't bring herself to do her open university work at all.
You'd think that they would have some kind of review process in place for a case like this where somebody may have been wrongly charged.
I've registered my complaints to them and told them that once this case is dismissed I'll be taking it a lot further by whatever means I can.
All they had to do was look at the fookin footage and act accordingly, now I'll be looking for blood. Bstrds

You both need support.

Have you paid for an hours legal advice from a solicitor trained to deal in these matters?

If not, you need to do this ASAP. Stop pussy-footing around with the police who seem to tell you anything. No more banging your head against a brick wall, get some sound decent advice from the right people and get this case moving in the right direction.

If need be, get advice from different solicitors. Don't be held back by the thought that they will want to take the case to court to get the maximum fees - surely they would prefer to go in all guns blazing and fight the non-existent charge. Think of the kudos for them: local solicitor wins case against police force....

Last edited:
We did see the solicitor when she first received the charge sheet, they basically said that nothing would happen until after the first magistrates court appearance.
It's only then that the cps will gather all the evidence and make an informed decision as to what way to proceed.
But you're right, why should we have to wait for that when the emotional damage it's causing now is so bad.
I'll get on to the solicitors first thing Monday and put a fire under them, and if they can't do anything I'll look for someone who can.

Certainly I don't think you can do any harm getting more advice, if need be from another source.

Sponsored Links
Back