Have individual Radiator Valves but no main thermostat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going away for a 2 week break sometime between end of November and end of January. All radiators have individual thermostatic valves but towel rail radiators are free flow. There is no Room Thermostat in the system which is 18 years old. What timings should I programme, what boiler setting and radiator valve settings should I use to avoid any problems but not bankrupt me in the process. :?:

Sponsored Links
Turning your thermostatic valves down low will shut down the rads early and the minimal flow through the towel rail will make the boiler shut down quick on the boiler stat (which you should turn down to). So the boiler will cycle only while there is demand for heat from the programmer. If you get HW with CH then you could turn a cylinder stat down low too but I doubt it would make a lot of difference if the cylinder is lagged well.

If the programmer allows set more on and off cycles of short duration. Overnight is usually coldest so that would be best for heating on!

You are setting the system as best can be done for frost protection

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back