Having probs in copying data onto CD-RWs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks,

I recently tried to copy data onto CD-RWs using Window XP's default program. I find the program cumbersome. The message I get when I want to add data to a CD-RW is that I should insert a blank CD-R or RW. But the thing is -- the disk is only half full. What the heck? Anyone else had similar probs? Do disks have to be formatted first?

Which program is simpler/better to use than Window XP's own? I just want a program that will allow me to copy more data on half-full RWs without hiccups and without fuss.

Here's what's in my PC:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ BARTON V 2167 MHZ
ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE NFORCE2 LAN DDR400, sata
Samsung 160GT S-ata 7200rpm
512Mt 400 MHz DDR CL 2.5 DIMM
LG DVD+-RW DVD Writer 8X

Please advise soon...

Cheers,
RS

Sponsored Links
Can anyone help? I just checked Easy CD Creator's website, and thru Google, but have found no free shareware for it. I guess I need to format my CD-RWs, right? For that I heard that DirectCD is good, but I found no solid shareware for it.

This is what came bundled with my PC:

InterVideo WinDVD 4
Nero Express 6
B's Recorder Gold ver. 7.10

And I also just downloaded Nero's Vision Express 3 from the net.

Can any of these bundled programs format my CD-RWs, as well as copy them? Should I format first, and then burn with Win XP, or do I have InCD in my Nero bundle?

How would you go forward?

Please advise asap.

Cheers,
RS

Rollingstone06 said:
How would you go forward?
Fighting hard to resist the obvious smart arse answer, I would go forward by installing Nero, then reading the help pages to learn how to use it.

It's a very easy to use application, IMHO.

Sponsored Links
What you want to do requires a technique called packet writing, i believe. This is supported by nero. There is also another system to do the same thing but i cant remember its name. As far as i know windows burning software doesnt support this form of writing to cd-rw,s. I would go the nero route.

Hey folks,

And thanks for the replies. The situation is that I have a wininet.dll file prob. I just downloaded Nero 6.6, but cannot open the prog, because of the wininet.dll file. So I can't format my CD-RW yet, gees :(.

Plz let me know what to expect from Nero 6.6 -- is that packet-writing part of InCD? And what, when I get things working, will I have to disable in XP's properties, so that there are no driver conflicts? (I read somewhere that XP has its own InCD prog -- is this true, in which case, who uses XP's own formatter?)

Cheers...thanx in advance again...
RS

Back