Head gasket??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Rover 75 1.8 club se it has been using a small amount of water
which I have been topping up every 2 wks or so_On the way home tonite
their was no hot air out the blowers and car loss a lot of power.Stopped
at garage and topped up water in rad and checked oil bit milky colour and removed oil filler cap to find same.When driving engine temp gauge sits at normal running temp?????and no engine warning light came on the dash
to say their was a problem.Is this the CHK gone and if so how much to
repair.Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi chap, yes sounds like its head gasket, i see these everyday on the road as i work for the AA. I have found that the temp gauge never moves from normal even though the engine is about to melt into a big lump.Price wise you would be looking around the £500 to do it properly. make sure they use the new type gasket as if they don't you could be back in the garage a few months later with the same fault. hope this helps. p.s when its fixed get rid and buy yourself a honda most reliable car on the road i never see them in my job.

Thanks skippster76 for reply phoned my local garage that I use and they quoted me £550 booked it in for Wednesday.What gasket do you recommend is standard rover part no good.
I do not want it to go again.I am sure my local garage would give some warranty on work done??

Sponsored Links
Back