Health 'n' safety!

Let me make it more plain for you: only the BC will/can have a judicious opinion of the quality of the work.

Oh so wrong RNR. BC only inspect work to make sure it passes the building regulations in force at the time of the build. Nothing to do with quality (if you look at the crap being turned out on building sites at the moment)
The work a BC inspects either passes or fails building regs. If something fails, it's not necessarily the quality of the work at fault, but the quality of the materials used.

Who's to say BC have any idea that this work is going on?
Just spoken to a BC officer, who told me that a lot of their involvement is the honesty of the householder / builder, or grassing by neighbours. They no longer have the staff or time to tootle around their patch, and notice work going on.

Yes, I know that uncontrolled work can be dangerous, render mortgage and insurance invalid, and can make resale very difficult, but apparently, it still goes on.
The BC told me that recently, a householder phoned up for advice, but refused to give their address. The work as described needed BC, but the householder knew that the officer would never find them, unless they gave their address themself.

Sponsored Links
It's just that some posters are criticising the work without really looking at the work. Rather, they are just focusing on the people doing the work and assuming it's rubbish.

The clueless blatherings of Spuey and Eddie M, are typical of the above paragraph.

When you see the way the work is being carried out and the corners being cut, obviously to lower the overall price of the job, probably to a level that bona fide firms couldn't compete with, it's a reasonable assumption that other corners will be cut too which you can't see.
:rolleyes:

When you see the way the work is being carried out and the corners being cut, obviously to lower the overall price of the job, probably to a level that bona fide firms couldn't compete with, it's a reasonable assumption that other corners will be cut too which you can't see.
Show me where they have cut corners in those images.

And no, it is an unreasonable assumption.

Sponsored Links
The title of the thread might give you a bit of a clue....moron. :rolleyes:

For starters the very first photo with the chap up on the roof... No proper scaffold, no safety gear. Hmmmm if that's not a corner cut, I don't know what is. ;) ;)
How has this affected the quality of the work done? Show me or at least indicate where it has effected the quality of the work, with those images posted.

The title of the thread might give you a bit of a clue....moron. :rolleyes:
How has this affected the quality of the work done? Show me or at least indicate where it has effected the quality of the work, with those images posted.

I'm not questioning the H&S aspect merely for you to justify your earlier statements and what you have based your judgement upon. Taking safety risks does not automatically mean the quality of work is going to be bad. If that were the case then 99% of private construction jobs would qualify.

Nice brickwork :eek: Looks like they're getting the job they've paid for, and deserve.

Nosey, if the builders cut corners on vital H&S equipment, do you really have to ask about the quality of the work or materials used? FFS take off those rose tinted spectacles.

I'm not questioning the H&S aspect merely for you to justify your earlier statements and what you have based your judgement upon. Taking safety risks does not automatically mean the quality of work is going to be bad. If that were the case then 99% of private construction jobs would qualify.
Get away to fck, anyone who skimps to the extent these guys do regarding their own safety, couldn't be trusted not to skimp in the 1001 areas which the customer either won't know about or see to save a few more dollars.
I take it you'd be happy to have this crew working on your house would you?
Please say yes, then we'll all know you're a fecking liar. :mrgreen:

My background; I'm 52 year old, male, self employed electrician, who has worked on variety of site/jobs over the years from British Steel plants to changing a lamp for a little old lady. Also worked for a few loft conversion firms, so from the comfort from my own home I can be entertained and maybe entertain a few fellow tradesmen with a few photo's of bodgit & scarper in action!

Called Vera. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Get away to fck, anyone who skimps to the extent these guys do regarding their own safety, couldn't be trusted not to skimp in the 1001 areas which the customer either won't know about or see to save a few more dollars.
Please say yes, then we'll all know you're a f*****g liar. :mrgreen:

What's more worrying is that nosey is a 'builder' and he can't see a bowed wall.

Please say yes, then we'll all know you're a f*****g liar. :mrgreen:

What's more worrying is that nosey is a 'builder' and he can't see a bowed wall.

It's not "bowed"; it was built "in sympathy" with the age and character of the existing :)

Either that, or it'll be hidden by a huge great thickness of render.

Sponsored Links
Back