Hearing aids

D

dextrous

So, here I sit with my brand new hearing aids. Never knew how loud the world sounds. Cost me £4.5K for the pair mind you (was becoming a bit more troublesome at times at work).

Anyone else suffer from this ailment?

Sponsored Links
4.5K :eek: Crickey dex that's big money! Hope they're worth it mate, good luck.

The wife insists I'm deaf :LOL: but seriously though was it work related that brought on your earing loss.

Quality costs - they're all singing and all dancing. Bluetooth compatable etc. Guaranteed for 4 years with perpetual free customer support/recalibration within that period, which is what the real cost is.

I've not done much about my hearing for a long time, and the NHS one's aren't so good (I did a lot of research prior to this, as I'm sure you can imagine) - plus I'd rather the money they would have spent on me going to someone who can't afford it.

Sponsored Links
i went to the quacks about tinitus(white noise) sent me to hozzie for a scan,fitted me for a hearing aid.went back for fitting,asked what the whirring noise was i could hear,they told me it was the computers.then i could hear joe bloggs in the corridor behind me having a convo.asked them to turn it down but they wouldnt.that was the last time i wore one.

The wife insists I'm deaf :LOL: but seriously though was it work related that brought on your earing loss.
N'ah - had a stapedectomy when I was 17, then the other ear started to go. So one ear has 10% and the other (operated one) had slipped to 75%. Not fair on the pupils for me not to be able to hear them properly, and it was becoming a bit more noticable.

i went to the quacks about tinitus(white noise) sent me to hozzie for a scan,fitted me for a hearing aid.went back for fitting,asked what the whirring noise was i could hear,they told me it was the computers.then i could hear joe bloggs in the corridor behind me having a convo.asked them to turn it down but they wouldnt.that was the last time i wore one.
Have got that - it takes time to adjust (had the same thing after the op 30 years ago an everything was out of kilter for a week or so).

Like you, tinnitus has also been getting louder - early day's but the current aid seems to be masking it quite well.

You've been ripped off something silly mate. Shudda gone to specsavers.

Money well spent if you are happy with the outcome which is what counts.

You've been ripped off something silly mate. Shudda gone to specsavers.
They were even dearer! Anyway, getting an appointment with them at a convenient time was a nightmare (like I said - I researched it), and I wasn't impressed by mateyboy when I got there.

So, here I sit with my brand new hearing aids. Never knew how loud the world sounds. Cost me £4.5K for the pair mind you (was becoming a bit more troublesome at times at work).

Anyone else suffer from this ailment?

my dads just got a digital one, after years of trying to get him to get it sorted. His nickname has become dowot as he always replies do what to anything you say to him! Really noticed the difference when you talk to him now, but he has struggled getting used to them, especially the background noises etc that he didnt hear before

my dads just got a digital one, after years of trying to get him to get it sorted. His nickname has become dowot as he always replies do what to anything you say to him! Really noticed the difference when you talk to him now, but he has struggled getting used to them, especially the background noises etc that he didnt hear before
Hope he get's there - think the recalibrations will ease it a bit in due course

Which make/model were they dex ?
They are phonak (www.phonak.com) Audeo SMART IX.

Got them from Boots - they may not be the cheapest place, but for some reason I trust them more that a flier/independent!

Waited less than a week for a test/diagnostic, then 1 week for supply/fitting. Also allowed a no quibble 60 day return if it doesn't work out.

Sponsored Links
Back