Heat Exchanger Automatic Air Vent leaking water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having just put a new radiator in my bathroom I found that one of the joints was weeping slightly so I drained the system, added PTFE to the joint and refilled and repressurized the system. Shortly after switching on the CH the boiler started making a funny noise for about a minute and during this time the pressure indicator needle was fluctuating a lot. Then it settled down and everything seemed fine, rads heating up great etc. It was only a couple of hours later when I went into the bedroom where the boiler is that I noticed that the boiler was leaking. It's leaking from the Heat Exchanger Automatic Air Vent (which I discovered from the manual). I've now switched the CH off but the HEAAV is still leaking and is hot to the touch. Could anyone please advise me on what the problem might be. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back