Heated rear screen not working - Peugeot 207 SW (estate)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!

I have a 2008 Peugeot 207 SW. The heated rear screen seems to no longer work.

For reference, the rear window is hinged separately to the boot lid. There are no viewable connections.

I have:
- checked the fuse (one shown in handbook) and this is ok.
- the switch light comes on/goes off when pressed.
- a relay clicking noise is heard when the switch is pressed.

The screen does not demist.
The switch does not automatically go off - I am 99% sure it used to automatically go off (is there some sort of timer or sensor in the circuit?)

Any suggestions on:
- cause of fault?
- possible things to test/check and how?
- where the connection for the heated screen and main electrical harness can be found in the car?

Appreciate any genuine suggestions.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can you trace the track in the screen back to see where it leaves (at the hinges?) the glass, to find the bad connection. A bit of WD40 on the hinges might not be a bad idea. Double check to wires in the main boot/tailgate hinge rubber boot/cover thing for breaks, just to be sure you have power going out to the glass.

I have tried to trace the heated screen but can only find one rail - it must earth somehow!! It is not like an older screen with connection at each end. There is a moulded black box at one end. The wiring is all concealed (but no in the hinges).

I also noted the heated screen is printed onto the glass surface - does that help with testing?

Are the mirrors electrically heated on this model.....if they are, and they work then thats an indication of power being available at some point.
Regarding the screen, I'd avoid trying to check for continuity at the screen itself as its dead easy to damage the element. There should be a rubber flexy grommet around the tailgate hinge area, and within that you should find the wiring and possibly a tube for the rear screen washer.
A 12v tester with its end sharpened to a needle point is brilliant for piercing wire insulation when you are looking for power.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back