heating but no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello where as i have hot water but no heating, my mum has no hot water but does have heating, can anyone help with this?

Sponsored Links
I think a TEENY bit more information would help......
Like: what make / model of boiler, Combi or not, other symptoms...

what even from a woman! well it's a combi boiler i know that and there is often a smell of gas. but only from outside. other information i don't have at hand i'm afraid. what about if you have hot water but no heat in the radiators?

Yep, even from a woman. As I put in your other post, we need loads of info. We don't really answer questions here, we are just info junkies. You give us loads of info, we give you loads of info. We don't know why, and we haven't a clue what were on about, but most people seem happy in the end. It's a bit difficult though when we mix up a plastering job with rewiring a heating pump. :D

Sponsored Links
right i understand now, admittedly i was a bit hasty and failed to read the info at the top of the forum. so to ensure i provide most of the required information i'll try again, however i am not at home so may have to come back to some of these.

1) Boiler make / model (gas or oil)
GAS BOILER, DO NOT HAVE MAKE AT HAND.

2) What is / is not happening
HAVE HOT WATER BUT NO HEATING, WHEN HOT WATER IS RUN, THE LITTLE RADIATOR LIGHT FLICKERS ON AND OFF BUT SOON GOES OUT, RADIATORS DO NOT GET HOT OR EVEN WARM.

3) Has ANYTHING else been done / changed recently
NOTHING HAS BEEN CHANGED, I HAVE NOT USED THE CENTRAL HEATING FOR APROX ONE WEEK.

4) When did it (problem) start
NOTICED YESTERDAY EVENING, WHEN RADIATORS FAILED TO HEAT UP.

5) When does it happen? eg, heating coming on or going off
HEATING FAILS TO COME ON WHEN SWITCHED ON.

6) Anything else you feel may be of relevance
BOILER 18 MONTHS OLD, RADIATORS MAYBE AT LEAST 20 YEARS OLD.

please excuse the use of capitals, these are not being used to constitute shouting. i appreciate any help.

Celtic FC gas combi boiler, provides heat to rads but supplys very little hot water.

Possibly diverter valve, usually the diaphram. Possibly a scaled up heat exchanger, can be descaled. Possibly a stuck thermostatic mixer valve. Arguably these are not really DIY fixes. They're not difficult, but we get frequent opportunities to keep in practice (and make mistakes on other peoples' systems).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back