Heating problem - unsure cause

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a complete newbie to this forum so please accept my apologies if I'm being a dimwit. I've looked through the FAQs and haven't been able to find any answers.

I appear to have an intermittent fault with my heating. It didn't seem to be a problem for the first 4-5 months in our house (moved in May) but now a pain in the proverbial!

Basic set up:

British Gas 330 boiler
Horstmann H27 XL control panel
British Gas RC1 thermostat

On Sundays (and very occasionally at other times) we've had no heating. The thermostat is demanding, the control unit lit and saying it's "on", but the boiler won't fire. It did (til today) fire up nicely for water though. Most of the time the program runs through without any problems, but not on Sundays and this has been the case for the last 3 weeks in succession.

When it's not playing nothing I do can override the boiler to get it to fire up and give me heating. When it is playing I can boost or advance the system fine.

I've reset the boiler, control panel, replaced the batteries in the thermostat, moved the thermostat closer (wireless thing).... no effect other than now not being able to get the boiler to fire at all!

Any ideas for quick fixes or which aspect is most likely to be the problem?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Perhaps call in a registered installer for a service on the boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back