heating problem with vaillant thermocompact

hi folks i spoke too soon. heating was on for 2 hours last night and it struggled to get house temp up to 20C and i also noticed the boiler was making a slight spitting/ketteling noise when boiler temp got to 82F and can also hear the boiler temp rising through upstairs radiators.

Sponsored Links
im actually thinking of putting a curtain over the bottom of stairs which should stop the heat travelling upwards and allow the thermostat to react to it which should build up heat in bottom hall and raise temp in other rooms.

Could be your boilr is cycling cos gas valve needs adjusting , but that is gas engineer territory.

could also be down to the fact the radiators installed in this house are not big enough mate. all the gas engineers have said that theirselves cos the radiator that is fitted in bottom hallway in my home is of insufficient size to heat both up and down hallways (its a double radiator measuring 24inch high 28inch long) the upstair landing is 16ft 4inchs long and 5ft 1inch wide and thats including the stair. the bottom hall is 8ft long and 6ft 3inchs wide. the gas engineer said "the radiator size fitted in bottom hall isnt a bad size for the bottom hall but no way can they expect that to heat bottom and top hallways there deffo should be a 2nd radiator at top landing"

Sponsored Links
hi folks i spoke too soon. heating was on for 2 hours last night and it struggled to get house temp up to 20C and i also noticed the boiler was making a slight spitting/ketteling noise when boiler temp got to 82F and can also hear the boiler temp rising through upstairs radiators.
Was refering to your comment on the noise ;)

oh right. well their coming out december to fit a 2nd radiator in living room ill mention it to them then. i dont wanna keep calling them their gonna get cheesed off with me

hi folks had gas engineer out again today cos house not building up heat (house temp only getting to 20c with heating on for 4 hours) he said nothing wrong with yer boiler im gonna go back to the depot and have a word with my gaffer and get someone out to reassess the house for size of radiators cos far im concerned your 2 bedroom radiators arent big enough the hall radiator isnt big enough and the living room radiator isnt big enough

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back