heating valve replacement motors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A question on replacement motors,
I have a diver-tor valve in a Mann gas central heating boiler (supplied by Eco homtec in 2001) and it is powered by a synchronous motor similar to the Honeywell 4043H valve motor, the difference between the two being the longer length of the gear wheel shaft of the divertor valve.
Is there any Syncronous motors on the market that have a longer shaft than the Honeywell motor because a small increase in shaft length would allow me to modify this divert-er valve which has just gone up in price from approx £40 eight years ago to £400 now.
thanks for any input
Paul C
ps I would not pay this I would change the boiler probably to a Bosch but if I can come up with something then it would become another spare in the cupboard as I have already repaired the computer (£600) boiler modulating pump and the mechanics of the diverter valve.
thanks

Sponsored Links
It might be worth speaking to MHG ( The Mann B&W also made the Strata I & II boilers - MHG seem to be able to get spares for these at much lower prices than other agents (with similar names!!) ;)

Thanks boilererman 2 for your response,
I was given the cost for this item by the service eng. so I e-mailed MHG for the price and their response is that the actuator is now only supplied with the valve attached hence the price £390 to pay + delivery.
I am now back on the trail of repairing the actuator I have if I can find a synchronous motor with a slightly longer gear shaft than the Honeywell I can sort it.
Paul

I am not familiar with either the boiler or the apparently odd diverter valve.

Is it not possible to replace the whole diverter valve with a standard one?

Perhaps a photo from different angles might help us to think of solutions?

Tony

Sponsored Links
The older siemans rmh zone valve heads had a longer shaft the valves are now obsolete but there are some knocking about on shelves or garages

Yes, but what about the body?

Is that really not interchangeable with the usual Honeywell types?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back