Heating won't turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My radiators keep coming on even though the thermostat is turned off and the boiler is turned to the summer setting of hot water only. It seems to happen more when the hot water is turned on, then they get very hot very quick.
The boiler is a combi valiant.

Sponsored Links
I thought I had posted in plumbing and central heating. I have searched for my post there and it comes up and the screen at the top shows this too. Where are you picking it up from?

It was in electrics UK but I clicked alert moderators and they moved it.

Sponsored Links
yes, it is a turbomax plus. Should it be pushed in or pulled out?

Can't remember off hand without being in front of it :oops:

Yours will be stuck in the middle. I suspect your hot taps have been running slightly cooler of late as well?

It does take ages for the water to get hot.
Is this a known problem with turbomax's? we seem to have had a lot of problems with this boiler in the last 6 years we have had it. Our gas bills are huge too!

If you want hot water push it to the left.

If you want heating, pull it to the right!

If its sticking it will need some effort to move it.

If its OK then it can be pushed to the left with one finger!

Very rarely it can be a faulty PCB but if the four radial holes are only about 4 mm diameter then its the old type which sticks and has to be changed.

The later types have larger holes about 6 mm.

There are also a few early types with large holes.

Even the new ones with large holes sometimes stick too.

Confused? You should not be as I have explained it very clearly!

Tony Glazier

Tony

Very rarely it can be a faulty PCB but if the four radial holes are only about 4 mm diameter then its the old type which sticks and has to be changed.

The later types have larger holes about 6 mm.

There are also a few early types with large holes.

Even the new ones with large holes sometimes stick too.

Confused? You should not be as I have explained it very clearly!

Tony Glazier

You should have been a weather forcaster Tony.

Today it will be raining, cloudy, a bit of snow, very windy, sunny periods, clear skies followed by some drizzel. It will be cold , then warm, then hot, then mild :eek: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The diverter valve on our model only pushes in or pulls out, it doesn't go left or right.
And what is a PCB?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back