Heatline Boiler Clock Faulty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Out mechanical clockwork timer on our Heatline C24 boiler has started to become unreliable and not always coming on when set. I think the small pegs that indicate when the heating comes on are causing too much resistence and stopping the clock dead.

Is there a suitable, reasonably priced way of fixing/replacing this ? We have no thermostat, just want a decent timer that could possibly be controlled remotley.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Fit any wireless programmer / stat, will be cheaper than heatlines internal clock.

Sponsored Links
Fairly simple depending on your skillset. You'd just link the clock out to be permanently on and wire your wireless receiver to the thermostat connections with a lne from somewhere on the boiler.

That sounds like something an electrician would know and taking the front off the boiler which is illegal for anyone like myself who isn't gas safe.

Yes you're right of course but the access is the same as for the internal timeswitch. Heating engineer more use than a sparky on this

Have a look at the likes of Nest or Hive learning thermostats and installers they can be controlled by your mobile phone and shouldnt be that more expensive than the internal timer for your boiler, the internal timer is crazy money for these

I can get a replacement clock for the boiler for around £60. The Hive or nest learing thermostats are almost £200

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back