heatline vizo 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone help with a problem with my boiler. i had a heatline vizo installed 2 years ago, and shortly after it started making a noise whe it was switched on and also when the hot water is turned on at the tap or shower. british gas have been out to check it and say there is nothing wrong with the boiler itself. Heatline have also been out and say the same thing and suggest i go back to the person who installed it. A friend of a friend who is corgi reg took a look and suggested it may be the size of the supply pipe to the boiler as it is only 15mm and should be 22mm. i understand that this is a new requirement that only came into force last year. i have been in touch with the person who installed it but would like some solid evidence as to what is wrong with it because i feel he is going to fob me off.

Sponsored Links
What supply pipe are you talking about? Gas or water?

If gas then the minimum size it should be is that of the 'tail' on the boiler connection. The rest of the gas pipe has to be sized according to volume of gas it has to pass and its length etc. This has been the rule for many years.

If you mean water, then 99% of combi's use a 15mm cold inlet.

It is the gas suppy pipe to the boiler that is 15mm and the noise it is making is a horrendous air noise. The only way i can describe it is like air going through a church organ pipe. The boiler is in the utility room and the noise wakes everyone up in the morning its that loud! The noise lasts for 1 to 2 minutes when the boiler fires up and like i said before when the hot water tap is turned on or someone uses the shower. Both the british gas engineer and heatline engineer released air that was in the system and this stopped the noise temporarily but returned the next day.

Sponsored Links
From your somewhat vague description it could well be a gas/air mixture problem, in that there is not enough gas.

The gas pipe sizing needs to be checked professionally, along with the inlet gas pressure and the working pressure at the meter.

All should have been carried out already by those who have attended.

thank you for taking time to reply. I remember the gas pressure at the meter being checked and was correct. I also have two very slightly leaking radiators which i am wondering if this could be contributing to the air noise problem. Sorry if I appear dumb but havent got a clue about plumbing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back