Height of new building

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All. I hope you wont mind giving me some advise.

My local council want to build on some land, which they consider to be brownfield. It has only ever had a single story temporary flat roof prefab sited on it (for about 30 years), which was removed in 2010. The land has now returned to grass and is considered locally as a recreation ground. They now want to build 2 story houses on it.

Does anyone know if they are allowed to do this, considering the difference in the height of the old building vs. the new?

thanks
Mark

Sponsored Links
The old building does not set some sort of precedent in terms of height. Any planning application is considered on its merits, and previous buildings on the site count for nothing.

Sponsored Links
Thus exacerbating the economic imbalance between London and the rest of the country? You think that people should be forced to migrate away from family and friends if they want somewhere to live?

Thus exacerbating the economic imbalance between London and the rest of the country? You think that people should be forced to migrate away from family and friends if they want somewhere to live?

Yes I do.

It's happened all through history so why should now be any different.

I certainly don't think that people are deserved the RIGHT to stay in a particular location at the cost of another just because they're near their family......or friends - WTF?!?!, please give me a house so I can be near my friends..........BWHAHAHAHA!

Yes I do.

It's happened all through history so why should now be any different.
Because it is damaging the country.

I certainly don't think that people are deserved the RIGHT to stay in a particular location at the cost of another just because they're near their family......or friends - WTF?!?!, please give me a house so I can be near my friends..........BWHAHAHAHA!
Who said anything about giving people houses?

Why is it such a terrible idea for houses to be built where they are needed?

[

How can they be built if there's no land where they are needed?

If that location has reached saturation point then there is no more room at the inn! Move along.

There is often land available; it's just that the well-heeled in the stockbroker belt next to the green belt, don't want new houses on their doorstep.
They prefer nice views of pretty meadows, and expect the huddled masses to stay in the cities.

There is often land available; it's just that the well-heeled in the stockbroker belt next to the green belt, don't want new houses on their doorstep.
They prefer nice views of pretty meadows, and expect the huddled masses to stay in the cities.

I wasn't referring to land in the rest of the UK - there's plenty of it but it's not all is developable.

I was referring to the fact that BAS thinks that people have some kind of rights to live in areas that they can no longer afford to live in just because they might have family or friends living there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back