Height of washing machine under worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to instal an integrated Hotpoint washer dryer under a worktop which has 870mm of height available.

The height of the machine can be adjusted to between 815 and 835mm by screwing the feet. the 150mm plinth will fit in front. However there are bars and extra feet supplied which can be bolted to the underneath of the washer to raise the height to between 835 to 870mm. It does not appear to require fixing to the underside of the worktop as there are no fixing points.

Increasing the height will. I presume, mean the plinth height will need adjusting.

My question is does the washer need, for some reason, to be raised to the 870mm height or can I, hopefully, leave it. As it is integrated the washer will be concealed behind a kitchen unit door.

Thanks. David

Sponsored Links
Its to give you the option to match your machine height to your particular space, Most integrated machines the doors bolt to them with a kit.

Thank you leccy. I suppose it does also give manufacturers alternatives for making machines to fit under lower worktops.

I am still wondering whether I should leave the machine with a gap of 50mm between the worktop and the machine or raise it up on the additional feet. It may make it easier to get it out if I ever need to.

Sponsored Links
If the door fits ok it does not matter.
If you are putting flooring down afterwards it is better to have it raised first unless you intend to put the flooring under the machine.

Tip if putting down the spongy lino type flooring I always advise it being raised so if t does have to come out you can put a board or runners for it to slide on (digs into the soft lino otherwise). I tend to raise them using short legs and putting it on a plinth of some sort.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back