hello, thank you and a question about grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:D I'm new to this site, and just wanted to say hello and thank you; I found the answer for most of my questions by browsing the forum, unfortunately there was one bit of advice I missed to my cost!

I'm tiling our bathroom, and you helped with removing old tiles, tiling over old tiles and much more besides.

We have a shower over the bath, so decided to complete the area around the bath first, to get the shower back in action as soon as poss.

my problem is that i now realise I should not have used the tub of grout bought in the giant shed, and that it is the reason why I effectively had to grout twice because of the airbubbles and sinking etc.

My question is : if I now buy powdered bal grout to do the rest of the job is there likely to be a colour difference? i can't face going through another day like today - but I may have to persevere if you think it's better.

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
My question is : if I now buy powdered bal grout to do the rest of the job is there likely to be a colour difference?
Probably not, but to save any daft mistakes..... what colour was the original grout and what colour do you propose to use now?

Oh! - sorry, it's white grout, waterproof, from wickes,
Thanks!

.... and of course I will be carrying on with white - sorry, it's late, i'm tired and I've been grouting since 7am....

...so my question is answered, I'll go for it!

many thanks again!

when you use different products many times there are colour variations even if they both are called "white"

chances are this will be no different, the only way to be absolutly sure is to do all the room in the same grout.

a harsh reality im afraid if your having problems doing this.

just as a matter of interest how big is your room?

Sponsored Links
.. bathroom is tiny, 68" in both directions, I think if I did a complete wall in one type it wouldn't show at all, and there is one place where the join may show, I suppose the answer may be to do the bit where it won't show first, and may complete the other wall with the readymix?

I got up this morning to see more holes - so guess what i'll be doing tonight!! I'm putting a mosaic tile border in and that's where it's worst, the trouble is I can see the air bubbles lurking under the new grout each time waiting to pop as soon as I turn my back.

Oh woe

you know, I just think I might..... - can i say you said??!!
I've never had this trouble before and I've always used powdered grout.
I thought it might be my technique, but i've got one of those lovely expensive rubbery float things, I used it to do floor tiles (with powder grout) and got a first class finish on them.

Thanks again, D

you know, I just think I might..... - can i say you said??!!

Tell em softus sent you. No, you'll be fine Always go to get your money back if you believe it's a back product., otherwise it stays on the shelf, your friends and family will buy it.

c'mon chaps, now you're getting silly!

Surely throwing myself on the floor and crying will suffice?? - It usually works for me anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back